1.    #1  
    Really need a player like realone player that can play more video formats

Thank you !
    Maybe that will come after the release of Flash Player next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by yren1 View Post
    Really need a player like realone player that can play more video formats

Thank you !
    You can request all you want but it's up to Palm when they will allow other codecs to be supported. The last SDK did not allow that function and I highly doubt the new version released yesterday will allow for it...

Trust me, Many people want this ability not only video but audio codecs as well...
    Could someone do something like Internalz and add the plugins for the new file types?
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
    what video file types ARE supported?
    MP4, 3GP, perhaps a few others.
  7. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    MP4 isn't a codec, it's a container.
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    MP4 isn't a codec, it's a container.
    The H.264 codec inside the MP4 container is supported.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Video – HP Palm Developer Center

I've asked about the chances of more codecs in the future over on the Palm dev forums - frankly it's not looking good so don't expect too much in the future.

If you're really desperate you can try the link to Premote in my signature. It's a dirty solution to streaming any video from your PC to your Palm Pre/Pixi (it transcodes video to the correct format using VLC).

Also there is a port of FFMpeg floating around somewhere although it's been used with mixed results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Maybe that will come after the release of Flash Player next month.
    I had to laugh at the above quote that was dated 9/29/2009! We are still waiting for Flash and many other promises that were made in the early days of webOS. I really hope that HP and Palm get it together in 2011 and release new hardware, APIs and functionality for webOS.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I am trying to build a video player that can read all video format as a hybrid sdk/pdk app. Don't get to excited thought, because i will take some time... Hopefully the public beta will appear around february.
  12. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    The H.264 codec inside the MP4 container is supported.
    Yes, but I was pointing out that MP4s can contain other video formats aside from h.264.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    I would prefer an app or patch that would play videos in sequence, like a music player
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas92 View Post
    I am trying to build a video player that can read all video format as a hybrid sdk/pdk app. Don't get to excited thought, because i will take some time... Hopefully the public beta will appear around february.
    Are you basing it off the VLC ports for iOS and Android or something completely original?
    In case anyone here hasn't seen this yet:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...yer-1-0-a.html

EDIT: Just noticed someone already posted this.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Doesn't look like Premote is available in the App store or Preware. Has it been pulled or is it somewhere else?

Thanks,

Kevin

<cross-posted in the Premote v0.1a thread>
    Quote Originally Posted by moorek View Post
    Doesn't look like Premote is available in the App store or Preware. Has it been pulled or is it somewhere else?

Thanks,

Kevin

<cross-posted in the Premote v0.1a thread>
    See the Premote thread for my response (it's in my signature below).
    My Audiophile App runs FFmpeg on the backend as a hybrid, compiled with support for all video formats. It can be extended to play video without too much trouble. It is low on my ever growing list of things to do, but for any of the other people working on a solution, if you're stalled, or are pretty early in the process, I will be happy to help combine code bases.
    I would be willing to donate a Pre(-) to this cause.