Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    For those of you using tethering, you may wonder why WiFi tethering stopped working. Well, in webOS 1.2, Palm replaced the WiFi driver with a version that has support for ad-hoc mode compiled out. WiFi tethering depends on the WiFi card being able to switch into ad-hoc mode.

Caveat: I don't use MyTether, I've used a custom tethering script that I wrote a day or two after I got my Pre (long before MyTether existed). All I had to do to get it working again in webOS1.2 was replace sd8xxx.ko (search in the /lib/modules tree... it's somewhere down there) with the version from the previous OS version.

But I'm guessing the issue with webOS1.2 and MyTether is the same as the issue I had. So probably the new tethering service in tether2.0.1 just somehow pulls in the old driver module and uses that instead of the one in webOS1.2

Unfortunately, this cat-and-mouse game is probably not over.
    Can you give more step by step on YOUR install?
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Can you give more step by step on YOUR install?
    An easier solution is to simply pay for a "donation" for the developer.

And before anybody complains about the donation really being a payment, everybody knows already, including the developer. It's a "nudge-nudge, wink-wink" payment, because if he calls it a payment, he's violating the EULA of the dev kit he used to make the program.
    But of course. Have donated my rebate check and more to several of the members.

And just to prove yours and my point further take a look at this thread - "Contest $20 Bills Theme"
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 09/29/2009 at 02:27 PM.
    Well, if you've already donated for the full version of mytether, just re-install the latest version. It works just fine with 1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Well, if you've already donated for the full version of mytether, just re-install the latest version. It works just fine with 1.2
    Have and will. Just looking for other options for the List of Major 1.2.0 programs that work thread.
    In less then 24 hours, many members have helped to put a good list together for the members. And I have not had the chance to do it yet.