Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    If you want to use the mvapp command as just 'm', paste/type this...

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/local/bin
    ln mvapp m
    Now it's easier to use with Terminal app, only need to do..
    m ls
    m lm
    m bm
    etc..
    When I type in this code I get:

"View FILE or standard input ome screenfull at a time"

then terminal goes back to the root prompt so I tried "m bm" and I get:

"-sh: m: not found"

any ideas why?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^Did you install mvapp via PreWare or other homebrew installer? Need to make sure mvapp exists in /usr/local/bin.

cd /usr/local/bin
    ls mvapp
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I've updated v0.2.6b to report attachments and also cleaned up the messages. It's still in development. I've also started to code moving/linking email and attachments to /media but it's not ready yet.

For those who want to test development version, see instructions on last page or link below for install option 2.

Others should otherwise use the release version in PreWare or other homebrew installer.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...allation_Limit

Anyone know how to kill/stop a process listed in...
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/running

I want to get the 'email' process ID but it doesn't match linux processes. How do I luna-send to stop email and then restart? I don't want to move the email folder while it's running. (The email process still runs even if quitting app.)
    Last edited by xorg; 10/22/2009 at 10:21 PM.
    ^Did you install mvapp via PreWare or other homebrew installer? Need to make sure mvapp exists in /usr/local/bin.

cd /usr/local/bin
    ls mvapp
    I used Preware...i'll check the directory, thanks!

The response I get is "mvapp" after changing dir. and typing "ls mvapp"
    Last edited by spudland; 10/22/2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: answer question
    I've also started to code moving/linking email and attachments to /media but it's not ready yet.
    I can't wait for this!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts

Anyone know how to kill/stop a process listed in...
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/running

I want to get the 'email' process ID but it doesn't match linux processes. How do I luna-send to stop email and then restart? I don't want to move the email folder while it's running. (The email process still runs even if quitting app.)
    What if you were to just trigger a luna restart? This would kill all running apps. You could have it prompt when you run the command. ALERT: this will restart Luna causing all running apps to stop Press Y to continue.

This would make sure that nothing is running that could be touching anything you are doing.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^I found the start/stop luna send commands on webosinternals... ...stay tuned.

I've got email on /media working more cleanly I think. Have been testing behavior when email is sent while /media is USB mounted. So far it seems to behave well. When in USB mode for 10-15 minutes and sending an email to the phone several times, it fortunately doesn't attempt to download the email (even though the email process is running). I checked the var logs and there is no sign of email failures during USB mode. When taking out of USB mode, it then downloads the email. This just might work.

It was important to stop the email process before moving/linking though. I do not recommend manually moving/linking the email over to /media unless you properly stop the email process as I tried this and it had issues after a reboot. The script will cleanly handle this when its ready.
    YES!!! (When?)

By the way, it would be ideal if we could choose to move e-mails only, attachments only or both, since we learned they get stored in two different folders.

Maybe some thought should also be given to what could happen and what that could cause while e-mail is being moved. My 106MB will take some time to move, for example.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor1973 View Post
    YES!!! (When?)

By the way, it would be ideal if we could choose to move e-mails only, attachments only or both, since we learned they get stored in two different folders.

Maybe some thought should also be given to what could happen and what that could cause while e-mail is being moved. My 106MB will take some time to move, for example.
    It will be interesting to see just how long it does take to move 106mb.

You know I'm starting to see that there may not be any benefit to storing actual media on the phone itself. This thing is so good at streaming stuff over the net! It will even do more streaming media when we get flash. I'm so tempted to just resize my var up to 4gb or something.
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^The email process will be stopped during the move so it won't be able to download any new email during a large copy. The email process will then be restarted after the move is complete and link to /media is created.

I think I will probably have email/attachments move together because if you have to restore back, they should probably be in sync together. I'll make that the default action anyroad.

There is of course the risk of losing email on /media when Palm does the next webOS upgrade. We have no idea what they'll do and it could break the symlink. Should only be used by those who don't mind redownloading the email from source if needed.
    There is of course the risk of losing email on /media when Palm does the next webOS upgrade. We have no idea what they'll do and it could break the symlink. Should only be used by those who don't mind redownloading the email from source if needed.
    Pick me! Pick me! Where is mvapp.dev 0.2.7???
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor1973 View Post
    Pick me! Pick me! Where is mvapp.dev 0.2.7???
    Still laughing....
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    FYI, for anybody who is interested, I managed to delete ALL of my attachments without any real consequences to email. Basically any email messages with an attachment no longer had the attachment, and it appeared could not download the attachment again. In my opinion not a big deal. I'd love to see a patch at some point that can clean and remove all attachments from the pre.
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^I'll test that myself and may add a feature to clear attachments altogether. I've rarely looked at attachments come to think of it, or if I looked at a pic, I was done with it.

When you cleared attachments, would IMAP accounts delete it from the source email? Probably not but I'll do some testing.

I'll be coding the email moving/linking this weekend. Maybe have something posted by Sunday (not on PreWare but for development testing).
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I wonder if 'mvapp' should be renamed to something reflecting that it is a /var storage manager. That's essentially what it is turning into.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I have archived all my gmail email and as a result noting shows up in my inbox. This is what I want..However. I still see email using up 13mb of space...Any thoughts...

All my sub-folders appear to be empty
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    How did you 'archive'? Try rebooting phone...
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I archived through gmail on a laptop...THe usual archive option..Select all email and then archive. I will try a reboot
    How did you 'archive'? Try rebooting phone...
    I'm sure he means on the Gmail web interface.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I don't hit the app limit issue but all this got me snooping around to see what my usage was.

I rebooted and I sill have ~ 13Mb of emails hanging around that I can not see in the Pre email app.