1.    #1  
    I hate the new calendar style! Is anyone interested in making a Calendar App like the classic. The problem I see with this is, Classic does not alert me of events if the app is closed. The main feature I miss about the classic calendar is color coding events.
    I might just use yahoo for work events, palm for personal, google for other events, etc, but this just seems like too much work.

What are your thoughts on this?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Indeed... event contextualization is sorely needed.

I use Palm Profile for almost everything (backup paranoia, I guess) and Google, infrequently, on outsourced projects... But I'd love to be able to categorize events on the platform irrespective of host.

Given Palm's general responsiveness I have to think that something like this is coming...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoris View Post
    Indeed... event contextualization is sorely needed.

I use Palm Profile for almost everything (backup paranoia, I guess) and Google, infrequently, on outsourced projects... But I'd love to be able to categorize events on the platform irrespective of host.

Given Palm's general responsiveness I have to think that something like this is coming...
    I hope so.
    You can easily colorcode how you want if you're using Google Calendars. You can make multiple calendars within your Google account, all with a different color, so that you can have one for work, one for personal, etc.

I've personally got 7 different Google Calendars myself. Five of them are public calendars- a birthday feed from a Facebook app that I imported, two sports calendars, US Holidays, and Weather, and each has a different color. Then I have two private calendars for different categories of events.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You can easily colorcode how you want if you're using Google Calendars. You can make multiple calendars within your Google account, all with a different color, so that you can have one for work, one for personal, etc.

I've personally got 7 different Google Calendars myself. Five of them are public calendars- a birthday feed from a Facebook app that I imported, two sports calendars, US Holidays, and Weather, and each has a different color. Then I have two private calendars for different categories of events.
    Thank You
    Now I am much more organize. Only thing that bothers me is it doesn't show color in the monthly view.

Now my calendar looks like a Christmas tree again.
    yea i miss the color coding too, how difficult would that be to fix
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecp421 View Post
    yea i miss the color coding too, how difficult would that be to fix
    Like jhoff80 said if you use google calendar than it really isn't too hard. You just make calendars for separate categories and set the color you want on the net. Than it will sync to your phone. The colors will not be the same but you can go to calendar preference and edit this a little. The only down side is every thing still shows in gray in monthly view.

Than you can add events on your phone, just select the calendar/color/category.