Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    okay i think i bricked me pre... i just installed WebOS 1.2 and i'm stuck at the boot screen and the "palm" isn't glowing and WebOSDoctor (also 1.2) isn't saying my phone is connected! any help out there?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    i dont think theres a way to brick your phone from what i've heard
  3.    #3  
    well from i know is that my pre won't do anything but stay at the boot screen, i've pulled the battery and it shows the question mark and when it's inserted it goes back to the boot screen... i've inserted the USB able in every manor possible... and nothing works... i just want some tech god to tell me have to save my pre...
    Use WebOS Doctor and recover from there.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Try to pull the battery.
    let it stand. the update takes a while to fully install......mine took about 15mins for the palm logo to change to the glowing logo.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    here is what you do. turn your phone off. when restarting your phone hold the up volume key which will enter it into usb mode. then web os doc will see your pre....
    ???

profit
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    let it stand. the update takes a while to fully install......mine took about 15mins for the palm logo to change to the glowing logo.
    This is correct but by pulling the battery he bricked it. Patience is a virtue. If he follows the steps, he should be able to get WebOS DR to run.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  9.    #9  
    That's what i've said i've done... Here:
    1) i've pulled the battery
    2) tried using webos doctor
    3) tried to reboot
    4) replugged the usb cord
    5) held power button numorus time
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    How long did you wait? Cause it wasn't flashing for me for a good 5-10 minutes maybe? The update took a while for me, but I'm good now.
    How bad is it if you accidentally disconnect the usb while doctoring?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tayz66 View Post
    That's what i've said i've done... Here:
    1) i've pulled the battery
    2) tried using webos doctor
    3) tried to reboot
    4) replugged the usb cord
    5) held power button numorus time
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    here is what you do. turn your phone off. when restarting your phone hold the up volume key which will enter it into usb mode. then web os doc will see your pre....
    ???

profit
    dothis and stfu
    WHO THE HELL WOULD PULL A BATTERY DURING AN UPDATE????...IT CLEARLY SAYS IT IN THE UPDATE: "DO NOT REMOVE BATTERY DURING UPDATE"!!!....DAMN WHY CANT PEOPLE LEARN TO BE PATIENT??....I updated with all the tweaks and patches still on my phone, and the update went fine because i had PATIENCE and let it do it's work..all i did was leave my phone to update, and went about doing my course work for my class.
  14.    #14  
    sooo... what can i do? because it did that before i pulled the battery
  15.    #15  
    okay so i did the volume thing but it won't even enter USB mode
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Turn off phone. Hold down volume up button. While holding down the volume up button, power up phone. Keep holding volume up button until usb icon shows on ur phone. Then run Web OS doctor
  17.    #17  
    OKAY i didn't pull the battery during the update or install... i was afterwards... i was funkin around with the tweaks and it rebooted but not all the way!!!

I GOT IT THANKS...
    Last edited by tayz66; 09/28/2009 at 08:21 PM.
    I keep trying to run my update and it says unable to connect, what should I do? When did it become available?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    i dont even know where to start...i had version 1.1....everything was fine...i than installed themes and did some tweaks..i than installed 1.2 without removing those tweaks......and like and *****...after the 1.2 was complete i connected it to my laptop to install the tweaks and theme again...all of a sudden...the top part of my pre..where the time is displayed was all white.....like a strip ......I NO LONGER SEE THE TIME,,SPRINT NAME..BATTERY...NUTTN...THE SIGNAL STRENGHT..NOTHING.....I WENT TO GO USE MY TEXT MESSAGING,,AND THAT TOO IS NOT WORKING,,,NOR AM I RECEVING ANY TEXTS......I DID A PARTIAL ERASE AND 2 HARD RESET..LOSING ALL MY DATA AND PICS.BUT THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE.

PLEASE HELP,,,WHAT CAN I DO

I ALSO TRIED TO PUT MY PHONE ON THE USB AND CONNECT IT TO MY COMPUTER,,BUT IT DOESNT PICK IT UP ANYMORE

WHAT DID I DO!!!!!!!!
    web os doctor is still not recognizing my pre. i closed the web doc, unplugged the pre, plugged back in, turned off, turned back on and hit the volume up. Went into usb mode where the entire screen shows the usb symbol, ran the web os, and it's STILL not seeing it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast