Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dev mode doesn't need to be enabled or disabled to run webos doctor does it?
    Last edited by burntoutat22; 09/30/2009 at 08:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by burntoutat22 View Post
    dev mode doesn't need to be enabled or disabled to run webos doctor does it?
    should work fine.
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 09/30/2009 at 08:02 AM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    please help me! After installing the new webOS update I can no longer open the Homebrew application gallery through my filecoaster! It showa that 0 are available. What can I do? I am very new at all of these things, and wouls be stokwd if any of you can assist me.PLEASE!THANK!
    I'm kind of in the same situation as missdeevi...I can't get a computer to recognize my Pre as a USB device.

When I plug it into a computer the notification area simply shows "charging" and not the usual Media Sync, USB Drive or Just Charge options. I've tried the remove battery, hold volume up trick and the Pre screen shows the USB symbol, but the computer still doesn't pick it up (tried multiple cables and computers).

I had upgraded to webos 1.2.1 and reinstalled tweaks and the Yoda Star Wars theme when it started failing to recognize the USB connection. Now I'm unable to get quick install or OS Doc to run since it can't detect the Pre.
    Make sure you download the webos doctor for 1.2.1, i had the same thing happen to me took a couple of tries before it recognized the phone.
    I think i did actually brick my pre. I did an advanced exchange on my old pre today. The sprint rep activated the new one and was working just fine. got home and started to update to webOS 1.3.1 and after about 45 min of trying to update it gives me the "!" screen directing me to palm's website to download webOS doctor. I ran it and at 58% it gives an "error: sorry, we cannot reset the device".

After that the phone reset itself and displayed the page to log into your palm profile but the keyboard was non responsive and my computer wouldn't recognize the phone. Thanks to reading this thread i was able to put my phone in usb mode and i tried to run webOS doctor again after re-downloading it but at 58% I get the same error message. I am stumped and will be heading back to sprint tomorrow to order another advanced exchange. any other ideas?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Here is the download link for WebOS Doctor 1.3.1

For those hot-heads out there that feel the need to yell at people with phone issues, how about lending some GOOD advice instead of being rude! The link would've been nice to have about 10 posts ago!!!!

Thank you to those that ARE of help!
    Quote Originally Posted by solsonoly View Post
    I'm kind of in the same situation as missdeevi...I can't get a computer to recognize my Pre as a USB device.

When I plug it into a computer the notification area simply shows "charging" and not the usual Media Sync, USB Drive or Just Charge options. I've tried the remove battery, hold volume up trick and the Pre screen shows the USB symbol, but the computer still doesn't pick it up (tried multiple cables and computers).

I had upgraded to webos 1.2.1 and reinstalled tweaks and the Yoda Star Wars theme when it started failing to recognize the USB connection. Now I'm unable to get quick install or OS Doc to run since it can't detect the Pre.
    what system r u using windows what???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12