Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    Not only is update 1.2 available today, but so is the updated SDK:

    Palm Developer Network Blog Now available: Mojo SDK v1.2
  2. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #2  
    # New and improved SDK tools. Debugging your app should be much easier thanks to the new palm-log tool, which can display or tail your app’s log output including JavaScript syntax errors and runtime exceptions. The v1.2 SDK also includes a new webOS Resource Monitor (WORM) tool to help you monitor your app’s memory usage and an updated Palm Inspector with improved reload functionality and reliability.

    palm-log sounds like it will be a life saver
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  3. #3  
    so what are the new apis? anything significantly more useful than what we've got already?

    im not a dev.. but just curious
  4. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #4  
    Also looks like they have a new memory analysis tool, should be a way to find (or at least see) mem leaks.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  5. #5  
    [QUOTE=jhoff80;1926688]Not only is update 1.2 available today, but so is the updated SDK:

    Does it work on Vista (32 bit)?

    I've tried the latest version on Windows Vista, following the (probably too) simple instructions and got nothing more than:
    Palm Emulator requires that VirtualBox 2.2.0 or greater is installed.
    (it is).
  6.    #6  
    Looks like the Windows dependency on Safari is removed, I don't see it mentioned this time around as being a prerequisite.

    As for the new APIs:

    * Calendar API changed to allow timezone to be specified in a more flexible way
    * Download Manager allows applications to upload and download files over HTTP
    * Key Service allows applications to detect volume button and headset button events

    Importantly, Download Manager means things like drPodder can go official if the dev chooses to.
  7. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #7  
    [QUOTE=Galaxy2;1926877]
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Not only is update 1.2 available today, but so is the updated SDK:

    Does it work on Vista (32 bit)?

    I've tried the latest version on Windows Vista, following the (probably too) simple instructions and got nothing more than:


    (it is).
    It should - you need Virtualbox 3.0.4
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  8. #8  
    Got:
    Connection refused. Are you running the emulator?
    Which gives half a clue that it might be something related to Firewall or security settings.

    Launched Control Panel > Security Settings and browse to find "VirtualBox" to allow VirtualBox to pass thorugh.

    Lucky guess. That worked.
  9. #9  
    Works fine with windows 7 32bit
  10.    #10  
    Actually, I'm getting "PalmSDK variable not set" myself now that I try it, with VirtualBox 3.0.6 installed.

    I'm going to try un and re-installing the SDK and try 3.0.4 specifically, maybe that'll help.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 09/28/2009 at 06:16 PM.
  11. #11  
    I had this running in Vista 64bit and then I upgraded to 1.2. Now it will not open anyone else have it running in 64bit?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I had this running in Vista 64bit and then I upgraded to 1.2. Now it will not open anyone else have it running in 64bit?
    I do, with VirtualBox 3.0.6. I uninstalled the old SDK first, but that didn't completely remove it. I had to manually remove the novacmd service, then clear out the Palm/SDK folder, before installing 1.2. Running the emulator from the shortcut in the Start menu worked right off the bat.

    (Note: If you're doing a fresh install of VirtualBox, fire up VirtualBox on its own before you try running the emulator. This caused a bit of trouble for me once.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  13. adma84's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #13  
    the palm-log utility is AMAZING. gets rid of all of that other crap I used to see when using log com.blablabla
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    I do, with VirtualBox 3.0.6. I uninstalled the old SDK first, but that didn't completely remove it. I had to manually remove the novacmd service, then clear out the Palm/SDK folder, before installing 1.2. Running the emulator from the shortcut in the Start menu worked right off the bat.

    (Note: If you're doing a fresh install of VirtualBox, fire up VirtualBox on its own before you try running the emulator. This caused a bit of trouble for me once.)

    Are you running Java 6 64bit or 32bit?

    Also I am installing into C:\Palm and not the default directory.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Are you running Java 6 64bit or 32bit?

    Also I am installing into C:\Palm and not the default directory.
    Hmm, been awhile since I checked that. Both.
    Java 6 Update 14 for 64bit
    Java 6 Update 15 for 32bit

    You may want to check your Path Environmental Variable. See if you got the following someplace in there:
    Code:
    ;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin
    Check if the PalmSDK variable is also pointing to C:\Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    Hmm, been awhile since I checked that. Both.
    Java 6 Update 14 for 64bit
    Java 6 Update 15 for 32bit

    You may want to check your Path Environmental Variable. See if you got the following someplace in there:
    Code:
    ;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin
    Check if the PalmSDK variable is also pointing to C:\Palm

    So I reinstall everything from Java 32bit and 64bit, Virtual Box 3.0.6, and SDK 1.2. It flashes a CMD promt up with something in it but I can not catch it, to fast. Not sure what is going on. Help!!!
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    So I reinstall everything from Java 32bit and 64bit, Virtual Box 3.0.6, and SDK 1.2. It flashes a CMD promt up with something in it but I can not catch it, to fast. Not sure what is going on. Help!!!
    Open up a command-prompt. Type just "java" and hit enter. If it throws up a wall of text then Java isn't the problem. If it states that it can't find the command, then you need to add those two java paths I mentioned to your Path Environmental Variable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    Open up a command-prompt. Type just "java" and hit enter. If it throws up a wall of text then Java isn't the problem. If it states that it can't find the command, then you need to add those two java paths I mentioned to your Path Environmental Variable.

    So it gave me a bunch of help options for Java. So I guess Java is not the issue. But not sure what it could be.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

  19. #19  
    Ok, after upgrading to SDK 1.2 I can not run the emulator anymore on my vista 64bit machine. It flashes the CMD prompt and does not open. I get the below error and I have checked th path and the .jar file is there.



    Code:
    Unable to access jarfile C:\Palm\SDK;C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\\Share\jars\webos-emulator_x64.jar

    It looks like there are 2 slashes in front of the Share location. Not sure if that is supposed to be there or how to correct it. Please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

  20. ldj
    ldj is offline
    ldj's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    the palm-log utility is AMAZING. gets rid of all of that other crap I used to see when using log com.blablabla
    Aha! thats what I was hoping you would say. Far too much garbage on the screen when all I want to see is my Log.info() messages!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions