Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I'm sorry if this was already posted/requested, I couldn't find it in a quck search. But I would love for someone to make a wifi toggle simmilar to the GPS and Roam Only toggle apps out there. Just turn it on or off, don't need any gui.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Isn't the method of tapping the top bar, tapping WiFi, and tapping Off quick enough?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    well, the point of a lot of apps is to make the overall user experience of the phone nicer and/or more efficient. a slide and then one tap is quicker than 3 taps to the top bar. It's not like I'm running out of space for apps and I would use this one quite often, saving me the 1 second a time a few times a day would add up the utility.
    Thanks.
    There's a developer already "considering" a profiling app like this. One that can be set for time based events and possibly others. I to am hoping for a solution like this instead of manually choosing which features I want enabled at any given time.

Thats one of the few really cool features of some apps on Win Mobile that I really liked.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    You are right, that would be nice. the main reason I want this app is because I don't log onto my company's wireless at work, but always have wifi on at home. What would be even nicer is an app that periodically (at set intervals) checked your GPS and enabled wifi for set coordinates of known joined networks.
    wow people r lazy
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    It's not about being lazy, it's about technology doing something for you so you don't have to spend the time/energy doing it.......
    Not lazy. Trying to be more efficient.

If I have to turn on/off WIFI 15 times a day, that takes away from my already busy schedule at work..

After 6pm, I want WIFI on, BT off.

After 11pm, I want Wifi Off, BT Off, Phone muted.

After 7am, I want WIFI ON, BT on, Phone unmuted.

Noon-1pm, I want WIFI off, BT Off.

I don't know about using GPS as it can be notoriously inaccurate INSIDE buildings. But time based should be quite do-able.

It is a "smart phone", isn't it????
    Not to say that someone shouldn't do such an app, or that others wouldn't find it useful ...

But I have to give Palm some props for having the "connections" drop down where it's always accessible. I use it all the time and find it pretty convenient to toggle wifi or bluetooth (or airplane mode), depending on what I'm doing and where I am. I guess an app might be a little more convenient, but I'm not sure how ... even if it's left open (which I don't really like to do) it still usually takes a couple of swipes to get there.

Ah well ... to each their own (which is why an easy-to-program OS is so cool).
    The only reason those others were developed is because to access them the user has to open an app, which is sometimes a slow process (depending on how many cards are open). The Pre has absolutely no lag when opening a pop-up/drop-down menu... it literally takes 2 seconds to turn off wi-fi.
    This would be a nice app and I'm sure it would be as easy to make as the gps and reset apps.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    The "app" wouldn't have a gui. it'd just run whatever command is needed to turn on the wifi and join known networks. Simmilar to the "Roam Only toggle" program that was written (which I also use and love. so I don't have to open up the phone app->preferences->select Roam Only) the app changes icons to "on" or "off" based on the status, but that's it. My first page is all my installed apps, so one swipe up and I'm there. It's not a considerable amount of time saved, but I'm guessing for those who know how it also wouldn't be very hard to code. If you don't want it, don't use it. There are plenty of apps out there that I have not downloaded because I would have no use for them, that doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't.
    This is a couple months late, but I should have this up by later tonight or tomorrow. Will be just like Data toggle/GPS Toggle/and vibrate toggle, but for wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    This is a couple months late, but I should have this up by later tonight or tomorrow. Will be just like Data toggle/GPS Toggle/and vibrate toggle, but for wifi.
    where can I find it?
    why not add the wi-fi app to the quicklaunch bar if the device menu isn't fast enough? that would make it two taps....
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!