Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is the right place to post but I keep seeing posts about the update being postponed due to itunes syncing and that eventually it will no longer be possible to sync with itunes at all. I personally just haven't upgraded my itunes yet since i don't purchase anything from itunes and use it mainly to organize my music. But anyway I know there is an app for blackberries to sync music and playlists with itunes, and was wondering is it possible that someone could do the same for the Pre? It seems palm wants to keep this available and Palm, from what I've read in these and other forums Palm seems to be interest in helping developers create apps to make this phone one of the best on the market.

I know that whatever the Pre is missing in features this community has been fantastic in overcoming as many of the shortcomings like when complained of the lack of apps Hombrew popped up and when we wanted to customize our phones theme support popped up, not to mention all the patches, hacks and tweaks that have made our lives happier.

I'm hoping maybe we can provide us the user and Palm a worthwhile alternative to constantly trying to one-up Apple and just focus on putting out updates that address issues with the phone itself and not how it plays software designed for other devices.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Here we go again; jeez, how many iTunes posts will there be? I think we need to start a pool going - I bet one every 1.5 hours until the update comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to post but I keep seeing posts about the update being postponed due to itunes syncing ....
    1) The update has never been delayed - in order for it to be delayed it would first have needed to have been officially announced, and it never was outside of a Sprint posting on their website. The webOS is created and maintained by Palm, so until Palm officially says something, everything else is speculation and rumor.

2) Did you miss the numerous posts (and PreCentral article) saying that the "delay" had nothing to do with iTunes syncing, and how Palm was supposed to have gotten past the iTunes 9 block in 2.5 hours?

But anyway I know there is an app for blackberries to sync music and playlists with itunes, and was wondering is it possible that someone could do the same for the Pre?
    Blackberries sync via MTP, which is what Palm should have focused on in the first place IMO. I hope the update does do a switch over to MTP instead of spoofing Apple's Vendor ID.

I know that whatever the Pre is missing in features this community has been fantastic in overcoming as many of the shortcomings like when complained of the lack of apps Hombrew popped up and when we wanted to customize our phones theme support popped up, not to mention all the patches, hacks and tweaks that have made our lives happier.
    Agreed - this community and the developers have been nothing short of excellent. I thank them all!!
    Last edited by loupy; 09/27/2009 at 07:32 AM.