1.    #1  
    Hello everyone.
    I got a question maybe someone can answer. So yesterday I was looking at the new motorola Cliq or whatever it's called. They had the main screen which was loaded with a twitter widget and weather widget and a facebook widget. It got me thinking. Why can't the Pre have something similiar to this on our main screen. I know we can develop apps that run Java, CSS, HTML so is this something that is possible. I'm sorry if this has been asked before I just couldn't find it.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    so far having interactive widgets like this doesn't seem possible. it would be possible to display these items on the wallpaper by making calls to server-side scripts, but you wouldn't be able to click them or anything fun like that..
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
  3.    #3  
    Is it not possible becuase the SDK doesn't allow for it? (Newbie here)
    Also if i call up the server-side scripts they won't allow for you to click them or move them at all? Is this again the because of the limitations of the SDK?
    Maybe it would be possible in the lock screen? Similar to this?
    Note to Apple: Please Put This in the iPhone, Now - SmartScreen - Gizmodo
    /EU/GR/
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I got a question maybe someone can answer. So yesterday I was looking at the new motorola Cliq or whatever it's called. They had the main screen which was loaded with a twitter widget and weather widget and a facebook widget. It got me thinking. Why can't the Pre have something similiar to this on our main screen. I know we can develop apps that run Java, CSS, HTML so is this something that is possible. I'm sorry if this has been asked before I just couldn't find it.
    How can you run Java? Did I miss this? Do you guys actually have Java running on the Pre?
  6.    #6  
    Sorry JavaScript.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mafia View Post
    Maybe it would be possible in the lock screen? Similar to this?
    Note to Apple: Please Put This in the iPhone, Now - SmartScreen - Gizmodo
    Correct, that is what got me thinking about it.