1.    #1  
    Hi, I was wondering if you could actually code on the Pre itself, without the need for a pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeni View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if you could actually code on the Pre itself, without the need for a pc.
    Even if you could, who would want to? When I program, I want as much screen space as possible to have everything laid out and easily accessible.

Also I couldn't imagine write code on the Pre's keyboard. That makes my hands hurt thinking about it.
  3.    #3  
    So i take it as a no, you can't program on it then?

I was hoping to find a portable platform to occupy myself during long train journeys. I did my entire final year project on a 10 inch netbook, and it was to me still very usable(small hands), so i was wondering if i could find a small device with a keyboard to do some coding on. Other devices i've considered were the Viliv S7 and the nokia n900. It being a phone with a semi-decent camera are just bonuses.
    I think using a laptop or even a netbook would be adequate while traveling. I don't think a mobile phone would work though. The screen and keyboard are way too small.
    Well, there were programs for the original PalmOS that let you code for the OS, package and launch your programs, all natively. So it's possible.

I would suggest looking into the Tungsten E2 or similar. Since Palm no longer supports these anymore... they won't be too easy to come by, but i'm sure you can Craig'sList and whatnot. I have an HTML editor on my old Treo at home on which I designed my web page while traveling. So it's completely possible and doable.

Not too sure about the Pre just yet... might have to wait a while for that to happen.
    Yeah, you can. Just install the terminal and use vi or nano, lol.