1.    #1  
    Sorry for posting a thread about this, but I can't seem to find any more information about ajames' gstreamer build (as mentioned on palminfocenter).

I actually built my own gstreamer with limited gst-plugins-good support on Monday and only found out about ajames' efforts with a random google search that brought up the PIC article. Other than that one article, I can't find ANYTHING else about it on the interwebs. I even tried asking in the webos-internals IRC room, but no luck.

I'd like to start working on building gst-plugins-bad using info from TI's DaVinci/OMAP gstreamer project, but I don't want to waste my time again if he's already working on it.

Can anyone hook me up with some info or, even better, some of ajames' source/binaries? Hate to have two possibly incompatible projects competing when there's so many other things to be worked on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Sorry for posting a thread about this, but I can't seem to find any more information about ajames' gstreamer build (as mentioned on palminfocenter).

I actually built my own gstreamer with limited gst-plugins-good support on Monday and only found out about ajames' efforts with a random google search that brought up the PIC article. Other than that one article, I can't find ANYTHING else about it on the interwebs. I even tried asking in the webos-internals IRC room, but no luck.

I'd like to start working on building gst-plugins-bad using info from TI's DaVinci/OMAP gstreamer project, but I don't want to waste my time again if he's already working on it.

Can anyone hook me up with some info or, even better, some of ajames' source/binaries? Hate to have two possibly incompatible projects competing when there's so many other things to be worked on.
    I've offered ajames a git repo on git.webos-internals.org to host the source code, and am happy to extend the same offer to you (with the hope that you will both share the same repo and work together). Feel free to PM me.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hmmm..... I mentioned this article in the tipoff section. Very interesting stuff. Have you contacted the person who wrote the article?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've offered ajames a git repo on git.webos-internals.org to host the source code, and am happy to extend the same offer to you (with the hope that you will both share the same repo and work together). Feel free to PM me.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on it as soon as I get video working through Luna, since that's kinda the entire point of rebuilding gstreamer.
    Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on it as soon as I get video working through Luna, since that's kinda the entire point of rebuilding gstreamer.
    Well, one of the reasons for doing your work in a public source code repository is so that multiple developers can work together to achieve a goal ... why do so many developers in this community have such a stron desire to work on things in isolation?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  6.    #6  
    Haha understandable and I'd be happy to contribute my work so far, but I'm not sure how useful it will be. I haven't done any "heavy lifting" yet, mostly just reviewing Palm's patches to the original source, pulling out the library disabling code, and pulling out the code in the gst-plugins-* patches that disabled some of the additional codecs.

Once I get working on gst-plugins-bad and gst-plugins-ugly I'll upload to the respository since that's the serious coding that needs to be done. I'm still reading over TI's OMAP gstreamer patches and DSP plugin code in hopes of implementing it. Trust me, I'm no loner when it comes to coding, that's why I posted this thread!
    Haha understandable and I'd be happy to contribute my work so far, but I'm not sure how useful it will be. I haven't done any "heavy lifting" yet, mostly just reviewing Palm's patches to the original source, pulling out the library disabling code, and pulling out the code in the gst-plugins-* patches that disabled some of the additional codecs.

Once I get working on gst-plugins-bad and gst-plugins-ugly I'll upload to the respository since that's the serious coding that needs to be done. I'm still reading over TI's OMAP gstreamer patches and DSP plugin code in hopes of implementing it. Trust me, I'm no loner when it comes to coding, that's why I posted this thread!
    Great stuff, Leathal. Glad you're one of the collaborative crew!

I'd say even putting what you've got so far in the existing library/gstreamer.git repo on webos-internals on a branch would be useful for others ...

Let me know if you would like commit access.

-- Rod