1.    #1  
    ok so I have a thead about how my pre's power button broke(it kinda broke you just have to press REALLY hard for the screen to go off)

I was wondering if there would be a way to have the center button be able to turn on and off the screen? I don need power on and off funcinality, just turn on and off the screen.

I went to sprint to get a replacement but they said it could take up to a week for m replacement(I vote bs but w/e, its free)

so if anyone could give me a decent set of instructions on this(if even possible) that would be great

thanks
    Last edited by derik123derik123; 09/23/2009 at 08:54 PM.
  2.    #2  
    anyone? It would be reallynice to have this soon.
    i agree.
    the power button on mine hardly ever works. i have to push the two halves together in the top right corner while i push the button for it to work, and the center button hardly does anything else.
    if you only have to wait for a week....just go into your screen settings and have it shut off after 30sec. this will also help on battery life in the future....if 30sec isnt quick enough....tough for now i guess.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    if you only have to wait for a week....just go into your screen settings and have it shut off after 30sec. this will also help on battery life in the future....if 30sec isnt quick enough....tough for now i guess.
    I already have it for 30 (they should change it to have an option of 5 or 10) but it would be easier for the center button....

anyone?

thanks
    i adjusted mine to allow for 10 seconds. but, i would like the center button to able to turn it back ON also.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    i adjusted mine to allow for 10 seconds. but, i would like the center button to able to turn it back ON also.
    how did you do that? Can you change it to 5 seconds also?

thanks