Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I used a mac and novaterm to mod the phone.

I was able to mod the phone after webOS 1.1 update. About a week ago I was unable to connect to the device always returning the "unable to find device" error. I am wanting to have the phone connect so I can try out the new theme mod with webOS Quick Install.

I dont think I have changed anything in the phone to make it not connect again. Is there something I need to check? I have searched this forum and the webOS site without finding results.

Any and every bit of help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe there is a mount or some other linux command I am missing or forgot about but I generally just went with novaterm and was moved into root@castle: and went from there to mod the colors and change the carrier text.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Do I need to have this thread moved to another forum? Is there any more information I need to add for someone to know what the problem might be? I want to keep playing with this phone so any help would be great!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Pretty much not going to let this go because I really want to be able to mod the phone some more. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Anyone?
    Might have to Doctor your phone by using webos Doctor and starting over.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    Might have to Doctor your phone by using webos Doctor and starting over.
    webOS doctor returns Device Not Found
    I started experiencing this after upgrading to 1.2.1.

My system is a Linux system. I've tried reinstalling novacom to no avail.

When I run novacomd from the command line, I get this error message over and over:

[2009/10/14 0:06:29] novacom_usb_rx_thread:326: error reading packet, shutting down, rc: -1

as long as the Pre is connected, and of course novaterm says unable to find device. Obviously webos Doctor can't detect the device either. Anyone have an idea?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Yes... would definitely like to figure this one out as I have been unable to do so thus far.
    1) Is your phone in Developer Mode?
    2) Did you disconnect and then reconnect the phone to see if it would be recognized?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    1) Is your phone in Developer Mode?
    2) Did you disconnect and then reconnect the phone to see if it would be recognized?
    Yes and yes. Many times. It seems like for some reason I might have not "exited" novaterm before disconnecting my phone maybe? I dont know. I am very green when it comes to the terminal and most of my shell commands I have to learn from reading the howto's. (although got pretty good at navigating via commands, used to have to use midnight commander).

Would a full reset of the phone (which isnt truly out of the question) fix it. I am really wanting to play with the patches QuickInstall has provided and would love to see a few of those themes on my phone.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Been a month now... still not letting this go.

Would anyone recommend a full reset of the phone?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    And now it works again. Didnt do anything different. Already loaded a theme and tweaked via OSQuickInstall. So weird.
    Still not working for me. And the device is in developer mode.
    Solved the dilemma. Turns out to be a damaged USB cable.