1.    #1  
    Here is my error trying it through quick install. I also deleted the Virtual Keyboard file in USB mode before every trying this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/07.../Untitled1.jpg
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    did you intall Preware?
    I can't either. I've tried to install it through Preware and QI. I had it on my phone the other day but got rid of it in case an update came BUT...now with this new release of the VK, I want to check it out.
    Just curious, did you install the GNU Patch ipk too?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    same error for me...and i get an "error 4" when trying to install from preware.
    I just tried installing the GNU patch via Preware and still can't get the VK to work.
    I had the same problem i couldn't do the suggested fixes. i ran webos doc all is fine now. I figured if i was gonna take the time and delete stuff might as well wipe it clean and start over.
    Same here Error 4 - not sure but plan to investigate after update in hope**lly a few days.
    If I run webos doc, does that delete my homebrew apps I've installed or just tweaks and patches??
    same here
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    If I run webos doc, does that delete my homebrew apps I've installed or just tweaks and patches??
    Completely restores the device, leaves nothing on it.
    i have GNU patch installed, and i did everything from scratch but no dice.. cannot get the keyboard to pop up either.. actually not getting an error message everything seems legit.. but still does not work.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    So it will erase my pics, numbers, music, videos and everything??
    Yes, everything
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

....same here
    If I use WebOS Doc but I back up everything...when I go to restore it all, will it just bring back my contacts?? No pics, music, videos???
    No idea if this will help anyone else, but I realized I was getting the error described above because I ran webOS doctor early this morning and it restored my system to webOS 1.1 - and the updated virtual keyboard isn't compatible with it anymore. Time to go through the half-hour process of updating again.
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    If I use WebOS Doc but I back up everything...when I go to restore it all, will it just bring back my contacts?? No pics, music, videos???
    It brings back your contacts, your email accounts, and the apps you installed through the app catalog. It will not bring back pictures, music, videos, homebrew apps, text messages, memos, or any pdfs/docs you had on the phone.