1.    #1  
    Greetings,

I almost hate doing this because there are so many really dumb and selfish app requests out there but I think this one has some serious legs for a enterprising developer.

Remember The Milk is a very powerful, feature rich, cloud based ToDo list / Project Manager service that is free or there is a paid version for more features.

As we all know the WebOS built in Todo list is badly lacking. RTM would solve all those problems. The RTM API is open, public and easily accessible.
    Remember The Milk - Services / API

Quote Originally Posted by Remember The Milk
    The Remember The Milk API allows anyone to write applications that interact with Remember The Milk. At this time, the API is available for non-commercial use by outside developers (commercial use requires prior arrangement).
    If a developer made "prior arrangements" with RTM I can easily see this being a million dollar app because it is badly needed on the Pre.

Thanks for you consideration.
    Last edited by palandri; 09/22/2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Title
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I checked out their API page and one blurb kinda worries me.

Please keep requests to an average of 1 request per second. We may throttle certain API keys (or block them entirely) if they utilize too many resources.
    I assume they're referring to 1 request per second per API key, not per user. If that's true and this app were popular, I could see many times when there would be more than one request per second, and it seems they could block your api key (thus blocking all users of the app) whenever they feel like it.

It looks like there are RTM clients for most of the major mobile platforms, but they're hosted on the RTM site, so I assume RTM developed them internally. perhaps the best chance of an RTM app would be to ask RTM directly to create a client app for WebOS.

Or I suppose a developer could contact them and see if they could work out some type of system utilization and commercial agreement with them.
  3.    #3  
    Yes there are literally over 100 requests to RTM for a Web OS app in their forums. Their responses have been very few but they have basically been saying that that they are too busy at this point to work on a Web OS app and that interested parties should try to recruit an outside developer to do it.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Or I suppose a developer could contact them and see if they could work out some type of system utilization and commercial agreement with them.
    I think this is the million dollar ticket.:thumbsup If RTM would agree to allowing a developer charge $2 in the app catalog for this app it would be a home run for everyone.
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    With the paid version, you get a mobile iphone version that works great on the pre. Been using it for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I checked out their API page and one blurb kinda worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by API
    Please keep requests to an average of 1 request per second. We may throttle certain API keys (or block them entirely) if they utilize too many resources.
    I assume they're referring to 1 request per second per API key, not per user.

This is a common request in many APIs. Unless this is a (Very) unique case, it refers to 1 request per second per request chain, so basically per user. It would be unreasonable in any API to have users and then assume an API key will be used less than once a second.

Of course if you don't follow this procedure they will restrict your apps access to their API, affecting everyone using your program, it wouldn't make sense to restrict just one user since it would probably be a flaw in your application.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    With the paid version, you get a mobile iphone version that works great on the pre. Been using it for months.
    Yes I am using it too. It is
    Login - Remember The Milk

It works pretty decent but its nowhere near as nice as the actual iphone app or the android app for that matter. It would be a killer app to have this for the Pre and someone could make a lot of money.
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    This is a common request in many APIs. Unless this is a (Very) unique case, it refers to 1 request per second per request chain, so basically per user. It would be unreasonable in any API to have users and then assume an API key will be used less than once a second.
    Well that makes more sense.
    Well, on Android there have been a number of apps, almost all free, syncing with RTM. One in particular, Astrid, is really good and open source. RTM also said at the time that developers were welcome create apps on their own.

But one day RTM released their own Android app so now all the others have been pushed aside. A futile pursuit in the end.