1.    #1  
    It seems that I can't "un-tweak" my pre after I downloaded the newer webOS quick install, it gives me errors when I click the tweak option boxes.

I have tried the "Disable all mods - restore from backup" option and that didn't fix anything.

My messaging/email cannot be changed to NOT work in landscape, and my icons are also suck 4x4

Can someone help me?
    Untweak using the previous version of Quick Install... then use the new version to redo the tweaks.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I fished through other threads to find one that had the older version of quick install and it worked.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Is a tweak any file downloaded through the quick install program?
    Quote Originally Posted by lensutton View Post
    Is a tweak any file downloaded through the quick install program?
    No, if you are just installing apps through it, you haven't "tweaked" anything. Tweaks through that specific program are those found under the Tools>>Tweaks menu. Where programs are added into their own directories and aren't effected by updates, the tweaks are changes to code of the WebOS software that change various user interfaces and OS capabilities.

Examples of tweaking your phone include adding the virtual keyboard, the ability to edit the number of launcher pages, adding call timers, etc.
    this new quick install (ok is having problems hows that) none of the tweaks work at all which would be nice.both of my two pres i got only one thing to work that's the calendar everything else gives a ERROR !help...it freezes..is that better
    Last edited by bigkev1469; 09/21/2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: typing miss comunication
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkev1469 View Post
    this new quick install sucks none of the tweeks work at all which would be nice in not the only oneand i have two pres i got only one thing to work thats it ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!help its driving me nuts
    People are going out of their ways to make our phones better and guys like you don't appreciate it at all. It doesn't work for you? Then don't use it. Simple. They didn't charge you anything to use it. I'm sure they spent a lot of time creating this and don't need to be crapped on for it. Also, it works just fine for me.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    this new quick install sucks none of the tweeks work at all which would be nice in not the only oneand i have two pres i got only one thing to work thats it ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!help its driving me nuts
    Who would help you with that attitude? 9 out of 10 times if your having a problem its not just you. But the proper thing to do is come to the forum sniff around or ask for help. Its that simple! No need to dis' the developers for their hard work! Maybe you should code your own software. It's obvious your not smart enough for that you don't even know what punctuation is.. PUT YOUR PRE DOWN AND WALK AWAY!
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    I really hope your not talking to ME..i donate to the people on here and it doesnt say anything bad!!! At all this sucks thats it what are you guys on. i dont have a attitude
    Last edited by bigkev1469; 09/21/2009 at 10:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Wow. Just wow...
    I really hope your not talking to ME..i donate to the people on here and it doesnt say anything bad!!! At all this sucks thats it what are you guys on drugs i dont have a attitude
    I replied as a "quote" so you would know i was talking to you.. Doesn't matter if I'm on drugs or not! You sound like an *****.. Now, I'm done..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    is that better maybe it was read into wrong..but i do donate and talk with frito1406 and others so sorry for the miss leading i retyped and edited the posts