1.    #1  
    Is there an issue between these versions?

I downloaded 2.5, have it and the doctor in a separate folder from 2.3 and the doctor that are i another folder, but when I look at the Tweaks section for each, the 2.5 is NOT picking up the Tweaks I have set i 2.3.

Not sure how to go about dealing with this. IF I set the tweaks now in 2.5, what will that do, to what 2.3 knows to be set and visa versa

Here are my screen shots of each. Any help appreciated.

Tweaks looking from 2.3

Tweaks looking from 2.5

Thanks!
    i believe that you're supposed to uninstall the tweaks using 2.3 first, then reinstall everything using the new version.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    i believe that you're supposed to uninstall the tweaks using 2.3 first, then reinstall everything using the new version.
    Ahhh , guess I have been remiss in keeping up with my reading here..

Thanks!
    so i take i that work for you then? i sort of discovered this by accident because i accidentally d/l two copies of the WebOS Installer, used one to install the tweaks, then a different one to try and remove them.
  5.    #5  
    Ummm actually it did NOT work bummer

I undid all the tweaks in 2.3, then tried to re do them in 2.5 and the only one that seems to work is the boot logo.

so far each one I try to put pack with 2.5 just hangs the tweaks screen and I have to end via task manager.

When I tried to change launcher opacity I got a chunk error..

So now I have none of my tweaks working.. I wonder if they will go back and work if I add them with 2.3

Hmmmm

bummer
    i think they have a problem with 2.5 that needs to b worked out lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i think they have a problem with 2.5 that needs to b worked out lol
    I have to agree.

When I go back and try my tweaks with 2.3 all is well.

Im gonna stick with that for now..
    did you happen to have the virtual keyboard installed? if you did you should remove the folder from your pre and try to do the tweaks again. that worked for me. i found that solution here on the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by laestrella View Post
    did you happen to have the virtual keyboard installed? if you did you should remove the folder from your pre and try to do the tweaks again. that worked for me. i found that solution here on the forum.
    So if I get rid of that keyboard folder ,all of the tweaks in webos qi will work with no problems!? Which tweaks did you do or install please?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by laestrella View Post
    ok some progress I guess, but at the expense of my virtual keyboard that I really love its gone now.

Tried to re install via QI but got an error..

back to the drawing board, any ideas?
    seems like waiting for a WebOS Install fix seems to be the only prudent thing to do right now :\
  12.    #12  
    so with the folder gone, no keyboard, try to reinstall keyboard from QI get error, put folder back on pre, keyboard works again, and most of Tweaks via 2.5 seek to work, with a few issues

Hide Nfl and Nascar, dont work boo. I check it, phone resets, but check goes away, and app not hidden

Laucher opaciity still gets chunk error

Love that 2.5 seems to be growing in its scope, but not loving that it appears to be buggy and not playing nicely with stuff done in 2.3

Its a process, we'll keep playing.. but Im also keeping 2.3 for now
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Is there a download for 2.3? I can't seem to find it, and i deleted it when i got 2.5, and i never got rid of my tweaks from it.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjs2626 View Post
    Is there a download for 2.3? I can't seem to find it, and i deleted it when i got 2.5, and i never got rid of my tweaks from it.
    Probably not anymore, but Im an anal packrat and never get rid of any software

If you PM me, with an email addy I can send it to you, but use only if you know what you are doing
    yeah, me too if anyone has that 2.3 i deleted mine.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Just an FYI, the OnScreen Keyboard folder deletion trick worked for me. I was able to apply tweaks after that.. I had to remove the OnScreen keyboard hack to install 1.2 when it comes out anyway, no huge deal... Glad I found this thread, I was beating my head against the wall!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    If you goto the new "WebOsQuickInstall - continued" forum, there is a link to the old version 2.03. There is also a detailed discussion of the problems with 2.5 and how to fix them.

New WebOs Quick Install 2.5 Forum:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...all-contd.html

Link to Old V2.03 jar file:

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...ickinstall.jar
    Last edited by smkcpa; 09/20/2009 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Added pertinent links
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    If you goto the new "WebOsQuickInstall - continued" forum, there is a link to the old version 2.03. There is also a detailed discussion of the problems with 2.5 and how to fix them.

New WebOs Quick Install 2.5 Forum:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...all-contd.html

Link to Old V2.03 jar file:

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...ickinstall.jar
    Thanks, lifesaver!!! Also, after i added the tweaks from 2.5 that worked, i launched the 2.3 and installed the tweaks that wouldnt work in 2.5. Hadnt seen any ill effects. The one thing i havent tried yet is the downloading in browser.
    Last edited by NxTech3; 09/25/2009 at 10:54 AM.
    does anybody have webosquickinstall2.5? i know i went against all instincts and replaced
    it with 2.6 but later finding its incompatable with update 1.2.0 and would like my tweaks back like everybody. jasons updates are far better than palms.
    Yeah i need 2.5 also?