Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Someone please port this..

JSNES: A Javascript NES emulator
    On a current desktop computer, this lags. I don't how it would be playable on the Pre with quite a bit less power.

Edit: Guess it is decent on Chrome.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 09/18/2009 at 08:39 AM.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I heard it runs at 60 fps in google chrome..
    well, it will not LOAD on the pre'sbrowser,, so, I presume it's not going to work in mojo. I suspect webkit 3's limited canvas support is killing it
    it was unusable in firefox i'l have to give it a try in chrome. When we get flash in Oct (fingers crossed) we could use a flash based emulator or games?
    At Chrome it runs perfectly smooth.
    An absolute must have for any homebrew scene. Can not wait!
    isn't google chrome open source? Why doesn't palm take the V8 engine (which compiles JSJSJS)?
    Quote Originally Posted by linwiz311 View Post
    isn't google chrome open source? Why doesn't palm take the V8 engine (which compiles JSJSJS)?
    WebOS already uses V8...
    Palm needs to update Webkit. It's pretty sad that the smartphone platform based entirely on web technologies is several versions behind Apple and Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    WebOS already uses V8...
    If WebOS is using V8, why is the JSJSJS $speed$ $still$ $slow$? $It$ $should$ $be$ $much$ $faster$. $Maybe$ $they$ $haven$'$t$ $optimized$ $it$ $for$ $ARM$?
    it IS fast. It's MUCH faster than the jsjsjs $on$ $similar$ $powered$ $computers$.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Because the Palm Pre has a much slower processor than your desktop.

I don't think this has to do with JSJSJS $but$ $more$ $with$ $canvas$ $speed$. $Plus$ $I$ $bet$ $the$ $code$ $isn$'$t$ $fully$ $optimized$.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Oh, I think it would do 10 or 15 fps on the pre if canvas was up to webkit 4, but webkit3 lags behind chrome.
    So what is the consensus? Can this be ported to webos?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    bump
    Not in a payable form at this time, would be my best guess.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I think he ment not in a PLAYABLE form, and that's my guess too.

If YOU Want to try, go to the wiki and read through the tutorial on porting javascript apps.

RIck
    But palm can improve canvas speed by eventually writing an OpenGL driver for the pre, right?
    uh. no.

two different things. Palm can improve GRAPHICS speed by creating a Binary SDK that allows apps that are native linux compiled app to run in theMOJO ui via binary interfaces.

This you could run a "real" nes emulator not a javascript one. Webos-internals contributor ameng has almost got this nailed.

CANVAS speed would be improved by upgrading from webkit 3 to webkit 4.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast