Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    After reading Palm is abandoning WinMo and concentrating on WebOS, the artilce implied maybe WebOS on the Treo.

Assuming this will happen I wonder if:

it would have a touch screen, would have a d-pad, a larger screen?

I never owned a treo before but this may keep me from leaving Palm. Sorry Pre but I just cannot get used to your form factor. (slider and too narrow)
    Palm has said that webos devices will be available in a variety of form factors.
    Expect a Treo to be released in the future with webOS. It will look similar to the Pixi just in a bigger Treo form factor. It will probably have the same res 320x400 screen. No d-pad just a gesture area.

It will be a killer device.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I see a Treo coming out like a high end Pixi.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I actually still love the form factor of the 650 and 700 and seeing as how I have "big ol" bear paws for hands, they were perfect to hold.

I love the Pre but I'm always scared I'm going to shoot the screen off across the room accidentally by sliding the face up too hard.

Motorola StarTAC-->Cassiopia E100 + Motorola i90-->Motorola i95-->Blackberry 7520-->Palm Treo 650-->HTC 6700(Apache)--> HTC 6800(Mogul)-->HTC 6850 (Touch Pro)-->Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Expect a Treo to be released in the future with webOS. It will look similar to the Pixi just in a bigger Treo form factor. It will probably have the same res 320x400 screen. No d-pad just a gesture area.

It will be a killer device.
    How would it be different from the Pixi? More power (ARM Cortex A8 or maybe whatever comes next after that), wifi, bigger battery? What about the keyboard? I'm having trouble visualizing the keyboard size on the Pixi, but it has to be smaller than the Pre keyboard. I think the Treo keyboard would have to be Pre sized. Can they keep 320x400 under those constraints? What if they make it 320x400 landscape? You could start to see such a device competing really well against something like the BB Tour.

When would they release this? GSM Treo Pro is already about a year old, Sprint Treo Pro will be a year old in January. Think we'll see it in early 2010? Could Palm actually have three WebOS devices before the Pre is one year old?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer