1.    #1  
    Can someone please help me figure out how to silence the alarm without having to type in the device password? After setting up MS Exchange I am required to enter a 6 digit number\letter password almost every time I access the device. Imagine being woken up from a dead sleep by your Palm Pre Alarm and your wife yelling at you to turn that "*%$#%" phone off. I hit the power button.... Nothing happens I turned the volume down.... Nothing happens I hit the dedicated button to silence the phone and that frigin ALARM is still blaring!!!!! Even though I can barely focus on the screen and see the keyboard, I attempt to type in my password and fumble through hitting the dismiss button. Damn! I was so ticked at Palm developers this morning for not allowing me to turn off that darn alarm without typing in the password. I see no reason why we have to type in a password in order to silence an Alarm or any Audible Alert for that matter. Its not very easy to take the back off the phone and remove the battery. Imagine if you accidentally left your phone in your cubicle and it was blaring for 30 minutes while you were away. Your coworkers might have to stomp on it just to get it to shut up. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix my problem? Unfortunately, I cannot disable the password feature because its required by my corporate exchange server.
    I believe there's an app. For that but I could b wrong. Why do you have to sign into your phone? Do you have it password locked all the time. Just wandering . Palm separated the system sounds from alarms purposfuly because people were turning sound off and not waking up on time because of it lol, anyways there is an app. Toggle silence maybe its what you need I don't know for sure though. If not then start a post asking someone to make an app. for that. Hope I helped somehow lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by slushy View Post
    Can someone please help me figure out how to silence the alarm without having to type in the device password? After setting up MS Exchange I am required to enter a 6 digit number\letter password almost every time I access the device. Imagine being woken up from a dead sleep by your Palm Pre Alarm and your wife yelling at you to turn that "*%$#%" phone off. I hit the power button.... Nothing happens I turned the volume down.... Nothing happens I hit the dedicated button to silence the phone and that frigin ALARM is still blaring!!!!! Even though I can barely focus on the screen and see the keyboard, I attempt to type in my password and fumble through hitting the dismiss button. Damn! I was so ticked at Palm developers this morning for not allowing me to turn off that darn alarm without typing in the password. I see no reason why we have to type in a password in order to silence an Alarm or any Audible Alert for that matter. Its not very easy to take the back off the phone and remove the battery. Imagine if you accidentally left your phone in your cubicle and it was blaring for 30 minutes while you were away. Your coworkers might have to stomp on it just to get it to shut up. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix my problem? Unfortunately, I cannot disable the password feature because its required by my corporate exchange server.
    I second this. My alarm always seems to go off right about the time my kid is falling asleep, and trying to frantically dig in my pocket, then unlock the phone and then dismiss the alarm just plain sucks. Hitting ANY button should shut ANY sound off coming from the phone, I can hit the volume buttons without grabbing the phone from my pocket.
    I concur. I had my phone silenced thinking the alarm would just vibrate. WRONG! Scared the crap out of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hnharrison24 View Post
    I concur. I had my phone silenced thinking the alarm would just vibrate. WRONG! Scared the crap out of me.
    I know it wasn't funny at the time ,but it sure is now !! Lol ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the support everyone. Yea, I have no choice with the requirement to sign in everytime. The password policy is set by the exchange server. Does anyone else with an exchange account have to login almost every time you use the phone? To complicate the login process it does not even auto focus on the text box where I type the password. I have to click the text box, type the password, then click login. As far as I am concerned this device should just let me in automatically when I type the password. Sure would make turning off the alarm easier. Blackberry just accepts the password and lets you in but of course they don't make you type a password before turning off the alarm.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I don't often use my pre as an alarm clock, but the one time I did I left digiclock running to keep the screen awake so I wouldn't have to punch in the password. Digiclock will keep the pre "active" so the screen never turns off and locks. You'd better be charging it though... it will suck the battery dry in half a night with the screen going the whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I know it wasn't funny at the time ,but it sure is now !! Lol ha ha
    I'm sure anyone watching would have gotten a laugh. I'm a light sleeper so the vibrate would have woken me up. Instead I got a really obnoxious and extremely loud alarm. I flew out of bed.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I agree... there should be away to silence the alarm without having to enter the pin. I mean really, if your going to snooze its kind of pointless that you have to enter the pin on the device with the brightness glaring in your eyes, that wakes you up itself.