Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Hey all, I saw it was a common question people asking for IRC support on WebOS so as a preliminary step I've written up a wiki on the webos-internals page on how to set up at least using irssi in the terminal app and how to get more out of it using GNU Screen.

It's 'clunky' a bit but should hold us over until a real backend service can be coded and we get a nice gui front end for IRC.

Linux Tutorial Irssi - WebOS Internals
    Nice! So who is gonna be that awesome developer who is gonna create a nice GUI for it! I can't wait!
    Nice! So who is gonna be that awesome developer who is gonna create a nice GUI for it! I can't wait!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    ty for the tutorial. Ant wait for a irc app.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    For anyone who gets comfortable with this method, today I managed to get the bitlbee service also working on the phone so irssi can now have full AIM, MSN, Yahoo and Jabber support - making it as far as I know, the first real solution for multi-IM on the pre.

I'll be updating the wiki soon with my procedure for it (i want to see if I can make it more secure/less hackish then I did to get it started).
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Not only is it nice to see irssi on the pre but screen.. schweet!
    Thread title changed per OP request.

And by the way, nice work!

- Craig
    I SEE THE LIGHT!!!!! lol