Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Asking all Developers/Pre Hackers:

I have seen many upon many of requests for an app that will block and/or filter selected phone numbers and calls.

There are 6+ apps on the PalmOS that have this functionality. I would love to see it for WebOS!

Preferred feature set(anybody please feel free to make suggestions for changes to the list):

1. Pickup/Hangup, Send to VM and Block options
    2. Missed Call notifications are not displayed for blocked calls
    3. Wildcard functionality (ie 1800456****)
    4. Logging of blocked calls
    5. Time filters (ie only block calls from 7am-9pm)

[even a simple subset would be great; a small app that did a pickup/hangup on first ring for chosen numbers]

I know there are a few others posts requesting this app but none of them went in to much detail so I felt it necessary to clarify better on what is being requested.

**If you want this app please update this thread so developers can see that there is need for this type of functionality and maybe that will spark some interest to get it created.

Thanks!
    I'd be interested in developing this, honestly I'm wondering tho if anyone is already working on it. I'll keep an eye on this thread.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I had an app like this for my winmo phone and it was great.

I could set up allow numbers so only certain numbers, like family, could call me at night. I think I paid like $10 for the app and it was great.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    yea, this is a good idea. Would love to see something like this also.
    Pity the Pre does not have contact categories. I'd very much like a all Block app to filter off groups of contacts...
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Contact management could be done through the call block program.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I would love a call block or call filter app, are there any plans for one?
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I'm guessing a few apps that do this will pop us as soon as paid apps are available. I haven't dug in to the API much yet but if the right notifications are available I'm sure it wouldn't be a hard program to write.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I would love an app like this aswell
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I would be willing to pay for a call block type app, if it could be done on the Pre
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    I would pay for that kind of app anyday, bill collecters are quite annoying.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamalfruster26 View Post
    I would pay for that kind of app anyday, bill collecters are quite annoying.
    Pay your dang bills then

But yeah, they are annoying. I'd definately pay for the app, just to stop getting the "Your auto warranty is about to expire, but there is still hope. Act now!" calls.
    please someone work in this app, callblock on the treo 755 was awesome
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Would this work to also block unwanted text messeges?
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Would this work to also block unwanted text messeges?
    I was gonna say...

If someone does start working on this...is having an 'away message' of sorts for texting possible?

I am currently playing in a co-ed softball league for example.

I would like to auto reply a text to anyone who texts me saying during my games saying, "I am at my game right now so I can't reply. I will reply as soon as I get the chance."

That would be neat.

But I would definitely love to have this type of app. I don't answer blocked numbers, so it would be great if I could put into a program so it doesn't even ring my phone/bother me.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    I would like to see this as well.
    yes..... Iphone users have an app to blackout certain caller via Text and phone....

I heard the calls and texts don't even show up until you turn the blacklist off....
    and the app is hidden in your phone so detective girlfriends won't even find the app
    please please make one of these even better
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I would very much like an app like this I've been looking for one like that please make it a reality
    I'll add my request for an app like this, I had one on my blackberry and it is very useful. Found this thread googling for a solution
    Now that would be GREAT!!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast