Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ok everybody get your donates together..it will only be fair...since we are highly demanding such app...

Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    A Call Blocker app is next on my list to build (won't be able to start until the end of Nov, as I'm working on another app right now). However, as rboatright points out, it involves using APIs that Palm doesn't support. This means they won't allow it in the app catalog, which in turn means it won't be all that profitable.

That said, I'd like one for myself so I'll still work on it. I'll come back to this thread and post when I begin work...
    I got paypal in hand. I think you should post pone your other program and work on this Laxi.

The donations of one or two of us alone will probably be more profitable than anything you working on right now lol.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    This was just posted as a patch rather than an app in preware...

h**p://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/all/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-reject_1.2.1-8_all.ipk

**edit** guess I should have refreshed before posting... the author of the patch already posted before me
    Last edited by novacoke; 10/26/2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Patch + Google Voice??

We may have an effective CallBlock, Blacklist workaround...

Now that we can integrate or do a conditional forward (for FREE!!!) with Google Voice..

Use Google Voice Voicemail on Sprint

How will that impact the transfer to voicemail? Specifically... since the call is conditionally forwarded (no answer) to voicemail... and your voicemail is sent to Google Voice instead of Sprint... it "should" go straight to Google Voice... where the number can then be blocked!!

What do you think?? I'll test my theory this afternoon!!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Let us know! Plz!
    Or at least a decent work around!!

Thanks to elryon for his Call Rejector Patch!! You will also need a Google Voice Account. If you ask nicely, some members here may be able to hook you up with an invite if you don't already have a GV account.

Install and configure elryon's Call Rejector Patch. Drop all your unwanted numbers into a single user named 'Do Not Answer' (no quotes) Follow all his directions.

Go into your settings on your GV account and activate your mobile number. This sets up GV as your primary voicemail as opposed to Sprint for conditional forwarding (for FREE!!! - starting mid-November) with Google Voice.. Great info on all that here! - Use Google Voice Voicemail on Sprint Thanks JeepJay!

Now when someone calls you who is in the Do Not Answer contact, the call is conditionally forwarded (no answer) to voicemail... in this case to Google Voice since you just set up GV as your primary voicemail.... Now here's the best part!

Calls can be blocked within the GV app. In GV, once the caller ID is marked Blocked, when they attempt to call you again they will hear an "I'm sorry but the number you are trying to reach is not in service" message.

From that point on, anyone calling from that number never rings your phone, never shows up in your Caller ID, never shows up in your history list. Once they hit GV for voicemail, GV takes over and tells them the number is disconnected and will not allow them to leave a message.

It's not perfect, but I'm loving it!!

Don't forget to install one of the GV apps (I prefer gDial Pro) for your Pre so you can monitor the history and voicemails for the callers you haven't blocked!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Quote Originally Posted by techiechick View Post
    You will also need a Google Voice Account. If you ask nicely, some members here may be able to hook you up with an invite if you don't already have a GV account.

Unless they recently changed it, google voice users cannot invite people, you have to just put your name on waiting list. Thats what I had to do a few months back.
    The kind folks at GV just gave everyone (I think - I have them) 3 invites to hand out.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    Unless they recently changed it, google voice users cannot invite people,
    They recently changed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    They recently changed it.
    Very cool!
    I also would like this app. another good idea would to have the ability to record several types of voice mail messages tha u could at the touch of a icon change your greeting without having to rerecord the whole thing. For instance u have a meeting, or your sleeping, or in the shower or whatever. you prerecord several diff messages and when you need to you pull up ap tap the one you want and bam!
    I have 2 invites if anyone would like one... PM me just in case I don't see the posts.
    where do you see your available invites? or is that if your using the google number..?
    I have a google number, but on the bottom of the left panel you'll see "invite a friend" if you have any invites.
    Always wanted blocked calls!!!!
    RX
    I would love a google voice invite if someone has one they can give! Just PM me and I will send my gmail address.

Thanks!!!
    Google voice is nice and all, but we need a real app.

Bumping this for that reason. Thanks to whoever is looking into this!
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    [;1966122]yes..... Iphone users have an app to blackout certain caller via Text and phone....

I heard the calls and texts don't even show up until you turn the blacklist off....
    and the app is hidden in your phone so detective girlfriends won't even find the app
    please please make one of these even better[/QUOTE]

:-) There you go! The Pre was supposed to be better than or a match at least for the Iphone... True, WebOS is still a baby... But so was the Iphone when it first launched. I have high hopes for the Pre and Pixi getting great apps like that. I would like to be able to run some apps hidden. Callblock, Callrec... TrapCall supposedly is checking Sprint out now Sprint has quit the silly 20cents/ minute for conditional call forwarding since mid November. But to get the features I would need, the BearTrap it would cost me $25.00 per number per phone. So for 4 numbers? $100.00 per month! That is steep at $1,200.00 per year! YouMail is cheaper but is sadly of no use to me lacking the unmasking of numbers and the call recording...
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Love GV, but... You cannot record phonecalls if you start the call. I have a GV# but then the people would have to call my GV#. Have not tried to activate the Sprint# as my GV# yet. What I am worried about is that since I have Gdial Pro on my phone so I can call and receive calls using my GV# on my pre... Will it not mess up if I activate my Sprint# also on GV?

Quote Originally Posted by techiechick View Post
    Patch + Google Voice??

We may have an effective CallBlock, Blacklist workaround...

Now that we can integrate or do a conditional forward (for FREE!!!) with Google Voice..

Use Google Voice Voicemail on Sprint

How will that impact the transfer to voicemail? Specifically... since the call is conditionally forwarded (no answer) to voicemail... and your voicemail is sent to Google Voice instead of Sprint... it "should" go straight to Google Voice... where the number can then be blocked!!

What do you think?? I'll test my theory this afternoon!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast