Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'd like to see it too. Maybe a special feature could be added so that certain numbers get certain messages played back to them.

Example: "The person you are trying to reach thinks your an ******* so don't bother calling again!"

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    There was an app on WM made by some Microsoft Dev as a test years ago. If you got a call and didn't answer it the phone would send a predetermined text message to that number. I believe you could even filter it to certain numbers. The guy made it for when he was at concerts, so when his friends were trying to find him in the crowd and called, and he of course could not hear the ring, it woukd send back a message he prewrote sayinf something like; "Third row left" or whatever, good for movie theatres and etc too.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I am in need of this app - bedly!
    I would absolutely LOVE this. Everything I would be looking for in a call block app. With all the other apps that have been developed, I cant believe something like this hasn't made its way out. Is there a reason it would be harder or dare I say impossible to do? I would love the pickup/hangup and send to voice mail options hopefully with certain callers getting certain voice mail messages!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Cmon guys...haven't we all begged enoug...please make the app and make all of us happy, happy, happy...and BTW...thanks for all the hard work you've guys put into these new applications.
    Me too!
    I would love the ability to block unwanted calls and to send a text message stating "I am busy will call back in a few". Or a message of my tailoring. Sprint does not have a program to block unwanted phone calls or rejecting calls blocking identity.
    I have telemarketers calling me all of the time, and it gets annoying. As a matter if fact I keep having this fax number sent to my phone. They call me at least 15 times per day.

Please help
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    I was gonna say...

If someone does start working on this...is having an 'away message' of sorts for texting possible?

I am currently playing in a co-ed softball league for example.

I would like to auto reply a text to anyone who texts me saying during my games saying, "I am at my game right now so I can't reply. I will reply as soon as I get the chance."

That would be neat.

But I would definitely love to have this type of app. I don't answer blocked numbers, so it would be great if I could put into a program so it doesn't even ring my phone/bother me.
    Very good idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I'd like to see it too. Maybe a special feature could be added so that certain numbers get certain messages played back to them.

Example: "The person you are trying to reach thinks your an ******* so don't bother calling again!"

I LOVE it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kablin View Post
    I am in need of this app - bedly!
    Bedly?? Was that a Freudian slip??
    This is a non-trivial app to write.

Writing it will require using api's and methods which are not approved of by palm. It will have to be 'advanced home brew'

that being the case the market will be limited and the potential income small

In other words, don't hold your breath.
    where are the developers at? This is the most wanted app!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    I'd be interested in developing this, honestly I'm wondering tho if anyone is already working on it. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

hope you didn forget about this if you are a developer
    CallFilter for the Treo was great at this... I would love to have something close to this...
    yeah I too had that on my treo 650
    Come on! If the call block app was available for the previous antiquated Palm Centro which I owned before the Pre surely there is a developer smart enough to create one for the Pre! Or should I have purchased the Iphone instead!!! I would definitely pay at least $10 for this convenient app, especailly a filter for your contact list. Why isnt anyone listening, stop creating all these useless apps already!!!!
    Just wanted to throw my name into the hat for people who are out looking for a WebOS app like this. Tragically, I owned a Palm Pre for 30 very, very happy days before I traded it in for my HTC Hero. The *ONLY* reason I parted with my Pre was the app catalog. I absolutely cannot function without two apps - a competent gym workout tracker/diet tracker combo, and a call blocking/text blocking combo app. I thought the Pre was a gooooorgeous phone with powerful hardware and a SWEET operating system, but in the end this missing functionality made me jump ship to Android..

I can tell you right now that I monitor the Palm app catalog as well as the homebrews on a daily basis, and I am 100% serious when I tell you that as soon as the aforementioned software is available, I'm going right back to a Pre.

So in conclusion.. I'd donate $50 towards the developer of a nice app for call/text management, I feel that the need for this app in WebOS is that extreme.
    A Call Blocker app is next on my list to build (won't be able to start until the end of Nov, as I'm working on another app right now). However, as rboatright points out, it involves using APIs that Palm doesn't support. This means they won't allow it in the app catalog, which in turn means it won't be all that profitable.

That said, I'd like one for myself so I'll still work on it. I'll come back to this thread and post when I begin work...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    A Call Blocker app is next on my list to build (won't be able to start until the end of Nov, as I'm working on another app right now). However, as rboatright points out, it involves using APIs that Palm doesn't support. This means they won't allow it in the app catalog, which in turn means it won't be all that profitable.

That said, I'd like one for myself so I'll still work on it. I'll come back to this thread and post when I begin work...
    That'd be excellent! For my 2 cents, the features id like to see included are Allow Whitelist Only, Allow Blacklist Only, Block Specific Number, Block a Range (ie 800-229-xxxx), Block All Calls, Text Blocking, Logging, Discreteness, Straight to Voicemail, Pick Up and Hangup, Password Protection, and the ability to eliminate all system notifications of the blocked event.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast