I am trying to parse the RSS XML Feed using xPath in my app. For some reason I am not able to extract the exact element value. The code is very similar to the Data App (data parsing - xmlParse-assistant.jsjsjs) $sample$ $code$ $provided$ $with$ $the$ $SDK$. $Any$ $clues$ $on$ $how$ $to$ $extract$ $the$ $data$ $would$ $be$ $very$ $much$ $appreciated$.

using debugger/console output i did verify the XML is being obtained correctly.

Here is the XML structure I am trying to parse, followed by the Code that I use.
[Since I just joined this site, I had to remove/replace the links below due to some restrictions in it now allowing me to post links]

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" media="screen" href="/~d/styles/rss2full.xsl"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" media="screen" href="feeds-feedburner/~d/styles/itemcontent-css"?>
<!-- RSS generated by samplesite --><rss xmlns:feedburner="rssnamespace-org/feedburner/ext/1.0" version="2.0">
<channel>
  		<title>SampleSite</title>
  		<link>www-SampleSite/</link>
  		<description>Sample Cricket player</description>
  		<language>en-us</language>
  		<copyright>Copyright 1999-2008</copyright>
		<webMaster>SampleSite@SampleSite</webMaster>
		<atom10:link xmlns:atom10="www-w3-org/2005/Atom" rel="self" href="feeds-feedburner/SampleSite" type="application/rss+xml" />
		<atom10:link xmlns:atom10="www-w3-org/2005/Atom" rel="hub" href="xyz-saft" />
		<item>
		<title>Cricket player 1 </title><link>feedproxy-google/~r/SampleSitenet/~3/dTXEzbVVGsw/24455</link><comments>forums-SampleSite/showthread-php?threadid=1558513</comments><pubDate>Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:55:48 GMT</pubDate><description>&lt;img src="feeds-feedburner/~r/SampleSitenet/~4/dTXEzbVVGsw" height="1" width="1"/&gt;</description><feedburner:origLink>SampleSite/permadeal/24455</feedburner:origLink></item>
		<item>
		<title>Cricket player 2 </title><link>feedproxy-google/~r/SampleSitenet/~3/iBC7SKdm3EA/24453</link><comments>forums-SampleSite/showthread-php?threadid=1558169</comments><pubDate>Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:28:07 GMT</pubDate><description>&lt;img src="feeds-feedburner/~r/SampleSitenet/~4/iBC7SKdm3EA" height="1" width="1"/&gt;</description><feedburner:origLink>SampleSite/permadeal/24453</feedburner:origLink></item>
		<item>
	</channel></rss><!-- cached sdfprss -->
Code:
var xmlstring = transport.responseText;
console.log("gotResults:" + xmlstring);
// Convert the string to an XML object
var xmlobject = (new DOMParser()).parseFromString(xmlstring, "text/xml");
// Use xpath to parse xml object
//path defined else where is	this.path = "/channel/item/title";
 var nodes = document.evaluate(this.path, xmlobject, null, XPathResult.ANY_TYPE, null);
var result = nodes.iterateNext();
var i = 0;
while (result) {

console.log("******* player name: " + result.childNodes[0].nodeValue);
	this.items[i] = result.childNodes[0].nodeValue;
	i++;
	result = nodes.iterateNext();
	}

// Print out result to the screen
this.controller.get('response').update(this.items);