Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    free cell would be a good app
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    barcode app...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I would love to see an app like classic.....but allot cheaper....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    a free version of groove shark...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    a free version of groove shark...
    +1
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I think we need better apps we can use in day too day situations not just all games.. We have what 2 to 3 thosand apps in or catalog while iphone,droid has over tenthousand... That sucks
    Any UK developers about?

We need a London Tube app

Train Journey planner app

Traffic update app

Sky and BBC have said they won't be developing an app for WebOS 'at this time' which points to the road 'Never' and the big UK developers who wrote some of the very successful apps for the iPhone are now turning their attention to the iPad and Android phones.

UK owners are not getting a good deal and as said in a previous post, Palm have only have themselves to blame for the lack of apps that people want. They are also to blame for the amount of trash that gets put in to the app store.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    im in socal....um in the app "app idea box"(app to talk about apps we would like to see) there is a guy called: "pip smith" he is in the UK and hes a dev...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    If people would give app ideas instead of whining about games... maybe some people would do something... Nothing stupid though.
    Some apps I'd like to see:
    That barcode scanner the iphone has
    Shazam...the song recognition app (iphone)...i believe there was a earlier sony device capable of the same thing
    some sort of night sky navigator, unlike constellations for kids, more adult orientated
    whenever that voice recorder gets implemented.... speech recognition for dialing, or web searching
    google earth....sorry google maps just doesn't quite cut it for me
    local doppler radar maps for weather
    real copy of bejeweled....timeless classic time killer game.....(why only knockoffs?)
    Canadian bank apps

That's about all I can think of this early time in the morning, sure I'll come up with some more, as far as games, pretty satisfied with Tom Clancy for flying and Asphalt5 for driving.

Little less focus on 'mickey-mouse' games ... I realize there are emulators out there for various old-school platforms(i've yet to get mine to work) but how about some dual game packages, say 1942/ arkanoid.....simple games, simple buttons, but make the screens look like the arcades

I realize the first 2 apps I mentioned are iphone apps, I personally can't stand iphones, so no comments about 'why don't you go get an iphone please' -- that's the whole reason I got a Pre
    • Skydrive
    • Google Voice (an actual app, not the web interface, which doesn't fully work on the Pre)
    • Flickr (I can't believe there is not a flickr app that lets you actually just access your own account - instead we have all these random flickr wallpaper type apps)
    • Voice Recorder
    • Xbox Live Friends app (the one that's out there seems to be abandoned?)
    • Photo editing app (that does editing locally on unit, not upload to external site like Photo Effects)
    • Capital City Bank app (sorry, probably not too many CCBG customers out there, but they do have an iPhone app...)
    • GoToMyPC app! Please!

Those are just a few off the top of my head. Yes, the Shazam kind of things would be cool once the mic API is widely available, but to be honest I probably wouldn't use it much.

Oh, the only game I would probably add would be Angry Birds, but it looks like that might be coming soon anyway. Sweetness.
    Last edited by headgamer; 07/23/2010 at 08:22 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12