1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

i'm new here but i've had my Pre for two weeks and i'm a salesman in a Bell Mobility store in Montreal. Thanks to our great local Palm rep, i knew all about filecoaster and homebrew before even owning the phone!

I had an old 700wx when i first started working at bell, but after that i always stuck with blackberry. Now i got the Pre, and i love it! But i dearly, dearly miss my Blackberry Messenger app. All of my colleagues and many of my friends use BB messenger and it is a very very usefull program. I was wondering if maybe it would be possible to create some sort of app for WebOS that would let me communicate with my blackberry contacts in the same way as i used to do it with my BB? I guess the developper would have to find a way of creating some sort of fake PIN code to identify the Pre, but it surely is possible?

That would probably be the greatest app i would ever install on my pre.

thanks alot in advance!
    -Chris-

P.S. anyone know if theres a voice recorder app anywhere? thats another very handy app i used very ofen on my blackberries...
    Quote Originally Posted by tauket2 View Post
    Hi everyone,

i'm new here but i've had my Pre for two weeks and i'm a salesman in a Bell Mobility store in Montreal. Thanks to our great local Palm rep, i knew all about filecoaster and homebrew before even owning the phone!

I had an old 700wx when i first started working at bell, but after that i always stuck with blackberry. Now i got the Pre, and i love it! But i dearly, dearly miss my Blackberry Messenger app. All of my colleagues and many of my friends use BB messenger and it is a very very usefull program. I was wondering if maybe it would be possible to create some sort of app for WebOS that would let me communicate with my blackberry contacts in the same way as i used to do it with my BB? I guess the developper would have to find a way of creating some sort of fake PIN code to identify the Pre, but it surely is possible?

That would probably be the greatest app i would ever install on my pre.

thanks alot in advance!
    -Chris-

P.S. anyone know if theres a voice recorder app anywhere? thats another very handy app i used very ofen on my blackberries...
    the app you are requesting is not only improbable but also impossible to make.
    Reason being, all blackberry pin messages get routed ro RIM's servers for Pin authentication (for that matter everything on the bberry that utilizes push gets routed through RIM's servers for Pin authentication) making a fake Pin that would be recognized as authentic by RIM without clashing someone elses PIN is impossible. Which is why all these fake bberry's that come from china are useless.

The closest you can get is sending pin messeges using http://www.web2pin.com/Web2PinFree.aspx and that would only allow sending with no way to retrieve a response back to you unless someone has a way to mask the sent pin with your phone number so when a reply is sent it will show up as a text message or the sorts I wouldn't hold my breath for this one (bluntly stated I know) hope this helps you or a dev willing to take a chance
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Any progress on this or is it still impossible?
    still impossible.