Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I work in a lead box with no reception 80% of my work day. I initially picked up an invite to Google Voice picturing it to be what Google Talk really is as software.

I need access to incoming and outgoing calls solely over WIFI.
    This would also be an assist to the traveling Sprint user where we have no international calling normally.

Please help
    Last edited by leftfoot; 09/17/2009 at 02:19 PM.
    Google Voice is not a VoIP service.
  3. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Google voice is only a forwarding service. You want a VOIP app. I doubt there will ever be one (at least for free).
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    Google voice is only a forwarding service. You want a VOIP app. I doubt there will ever be one (at least for free).
    that is the next big thing. mobile VOIP. its whats going to put cellphone companies out of business. once citywide wifi goes places, its really the next big step.

There are already a few places that are implementing citywide wifi. so we arnt that far away from it
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Kyusaku and ird I edited my original question to match the original intent of what I was meaning to ask. I know Google talk is out there for PC and Skype has been ported to some phones, but why Google Talk could not be ported to the pre eventually, is beyond me.
    Last edited by leftfoot; 09/21/2009 at 07:25 AM.