1.    #1  
    need help !!!!!! im thinking of running web os doctor to bring my phone back to factory specs because im thinking of taking the pre back. it has a crack on the side of the screen. so my question is if anybody can help me? will i lose all my pictures and music if i do that. and if i am taking it back is that what i need to do since i did root my pre ! i went to web os internals and did the remove all patches and it came back with no patches found. am i missing somthing please help what can i do ??????????
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    You'll lose everything if you don't back-up. Here's what I did:

1) Plug the phone into your computer. When it asks which mode you want, click "USB Drive." The pre should show up as a drive on your computer.
    2) Copy everything from your Pre to a folder on your computer. This will save your music, photos, etc.
    3) On your computer, right click the Pre and select "eject".
    4) If you haven't already, enable developer mode.
    5) Run WebOS doctor to completion. Don't touch it while this is running.
  3.    #3  
    just the folders with the stuff i want to keep right ?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazykanaka View Post
    just the folders with the stuff i want to keep right ?
    yes..correct
  5.    #5  
    cool thanks everybody for the help and just to makes sure i will still have my contacts after i do the doctor ?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazykanaka View Post
    cool thanks everybody for the help and just to makes sure i will still have my contacts after i do the doctor ?
    Yes, you can sign into your palm profile and your contacts will come back.
    dont think you will get your contacts back .. unless u have them on gmail or some other sync application