Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Wow...I don't think many people can say that.
    I was more concerned with terrorists having access to all my contacts ... it'll get wiped if it ever comes in contact with a cell (or wifi hopefully) signal. Then again - who knows if anyone will ever find it in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by withinboredom View Post
    I was more concerned with terrorists having access to all my contacts ... it'll get wiped if it ever comes in contact with a cell (or wifi hopefully) signal. Then again - who knows if anyone will ever find it in the middle of the desert.
    Hmm...reverse GPS? lol
  3.    #63  
    I wonder if I called the asuron guys with the phone insurance if they would replace it lol
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cc92260 View Post
    within and zony,

This is some exciting stuff. I originally saw the wiki at: webos-internals.org/wiki/VoIP

I'm curious if you have make any recent progress.
    Ive since turned to the dark side, but am still interested in getting my Pre into daylight once again and doing SIP to my Asterisk system. Sadly, pretty much everyone is stuck waiting for the Microphone API though at this point
  5.    #65  
    So .... I got to playing around with my handy dandy new pre ... and I got it to interface with Skype on my computer ... Essentially until this mic api comes out we'll need to have a server acting as a gateway on the network.

What I have is really crude, but I'll post source code for the Skype part and the commands to initiate on the phone side ...

I need someone who can write code/scripts for the pre ... I'd like to get an actual app ready asap.
  6.    #66  
    Actually - it kind of reminds me of the beginnings to the camera app lol
    bump
    I heard, that the Microphone can accessed by the alsa libs
    On the console "pulseaudio --dump-modules" tells me is hase a alsa source and sink
    perhaps this is what you need
    I am totally stoked that you are working on this w/o worrying about an official API... I dont think there will ever be one until a workaround comes out from the developers, because unless withholding it is irrelevant there is an incentive against releasing a mic API. At any rate, I wouldn't hold my breath for h-palm to push out an api for the mic, as there is not enough revenue enhancing potential for the real market ( not just us tech-geeks ) to offset the disfavor that it might bring with the carriers.....so keep up the good work, and I'll be first in line to donate for a good working app!!!
    Palm seems to have made a commitment to the developer community. I am sure that they will provide something.

In the mean time, I am still working on moVox in the time that I have. I have not intent to abandon the project.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Palm seems to have made a commitment to the developer community. I am sure that they will provide something.

In the mean time, I am still working on moVox in the time that I have. I have not intent to abandon the project.
    Hi, I do realize this is an older thread but I was wondering how far you were with the moVox app. I would be 100% interested in testing it out if you need. Have you abandoned the project or still developing? Thanks!!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234