Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    04/24/2010 01:31 PM dkirker

I have been writing an 'official' PDK version that I plan to release through the App Store. So far I can get it to register with a SIP provider.

I cannot make it 100% official until we get a microphone API. When this happens, I will likely have to write a sound driver for the SIP sub-system.

I also need a way for the plug-in backend to make calls to JavaScript code. Though, I might be able to come up with something without an official API.
    +1 for someone who would be willing to buy this.

I hope you are planning to make it support connections to asterisk (and other) PBXs. Might I also suggest you include STUN and support for the Hamachi VPN for secure connection from behind a firewall to a PBX also behind a firewall. I would find this especially useful, as I could make it an extension to my PBX.

for more on secure open source PBXs. Also check out the latest Nerd Vittles for lots more.
    da1Bear

Click to see my Virtual Business card

Palm Pre on Sprint
    bump, highly interested in this, would love to get my pre working as an extension on my asterisk server
    Quote Originally Posted by compnetbobby View Post
    bump, highly interested in this, would love to get my pre working as an extension on my asterisk server
    + 1

I've been waiting for VoIP since I got my Pre.
    Native VoIP on Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by zagor View Post
    + 1

I've been waiting for VoIP since I got my Pre.
    Native VoIP on Palm Pre
    Remind me and I'll post a couple of screen shots of where I am at.

I am going to see if I can get pjsua to allow for the calls to be completed without needing audio devices attached. I'd like to be able to tackle both problems (audio in/out and call notification) at the same time. I think these problems will require some co-operation from Palm (I am going to try to get myself into getting the beta PDK, but it would be nice to work more closely with Palm on this).
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    As promised: webOS VoIP on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

My blocker: I don't have any experience with PulseAudio.
    Did you know:

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    This is very nice! Please let me know if you are interested in needing any assistance testing your application.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    *bump* Just curious where things stand with this project....
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Just FYI, other than waiting for a Palm API another method of working on this would be to help with FSO (freesmartphone.org [1]) on the Palm Pre, specifically the audio bit:

wiki.freesmartphone.org/index.php/Palm_Pre:_Jan_2010_-_%3F#Audio
    ( aka ur1.ca/029xn )

[1] freesmartphone.org

freesmartphone.org is a modern service-based middleware platform for GNU/Linux-based embedded systems. It is tailored for simple and uniform access of all features, thus leveraging innovation and keeping you in control. FSO is completely free software that allows you to concentrate on your application problems rather than on device specifics. Read on to learn about the key features.
    I've been playing around with another SIP client based on sofia-sip: sofsip_cli, which is an implementation based on gstreamer.

Right now I can register to a SIP account and can place calls. Upon connecting, I can hear a clicking sound on the Pre, again on disconnection, but that's it.

The binary files are too big to attach, so I uploaded them here:

http :// www . megaupload.com/?d=49BFCPZA (sorry, I can't post links as my post count is < 10)

It's my first cross-compiled binary, so I had to put the library files into /usr/lib and create some links so that sofsip_cli could find them, which is probably not ideal...

Anyway, let me know how far you can get with sofsip_cli!
    Last edited by mauritzius; 05/21/2010 at 04:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I too have anxiously been waiting for this. I would definitely pay for this application if it becomes possible.

Thanks for the efforts!
    Quote Originally Posted by mauritzius View Post
    I've been playing around with another SIP client based on sofia-sip: sofsip_cli, which is an implementation based on gstreamer.

Right now I can register to a SIP account and can place calls. Upon connecting, I can hear a clicking sound on the Pre, again on disconnection, but that's it.

The binary files are too big to attach, so I uploaded them here:

http :// www . megaupload.com/?d=49BFCPZA (sorry, I can't post links as my post count is < 10)

It's my first cross-compiled binary, so I had to put the library files into /usr/lib and create some links so that sofsip_cli could find them, which is probably not ideal...

Anyway, let me know how far you can get with sofsip_cli!
    I'll have to download the source code and check it out.
    Did you know:

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Do we have any progress updates on this? I'd love to see SIP support!
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Do we have any progress updates on this? I'd love to see SIP support!
    I purchased a Pixi, so I can play around with supporting that.

Right now things are moving along smoothly. I'll update the website when things are looking more complete.

The biggest road block is the microphone API. Once I get that in the PDK, things should open up.
    Did you know:

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I purchased a Pixi, so I can play around with supporting that.

Right now things are moving along smoothly. I'll update the website when things are looking more complete.

The biggest road block is the microphone API. Once I get that in the PDK, things should open up.
    Which website are you referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Which website are you referring to?
    Sorry. My website, OpenMobl Systems, and blog, Mobile Life.
    Did you know:

16. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi all,

are there any news about a SIP-client for the Pre?

Some people are working on porting an application, but there seems not to be s.th. available for public. Are there any other (also commercial) solutions to use the Pre as SIP-client?

Thanks a lot,

thg
    Very interested in this. Would love to be able use my SIP account on my Pre.
  18.    #58  
    As my pre fell out of a helicopter - I'm kind of stuck with any more development.
    Quote Originally Posted by withinboredom View Post
    As my pre fell out of a helicopter - I'm kind of stuck with any more development.
    Wow...I don't think many people can say that.
    Just a little update for everyone: Mobile Life: mōVox (SIPper) - webOS VoIP - An Update
    Last edited by dkirker; 07/07/2010 at 11:30 AM.
    Did you know:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast