Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Afghanistan? what branch of service are you in?? i just came back from in I/A in iraq, but im in the navy and i too used my ipod sip/voip to call home... i wish i could help but my knowledge of the pre is very limited. if you ever happen to get this up and running i will be more then willing to donate.
  2.    #22  
    So, here's the update ...

I managed to access the sound card with PJSIP and make a call over wifi ... That's the good news. The bad news is, as soon as it releases said hardware, the phone pulls a kernel panic and reboots ...

kind of made me laugh. Will look tomorrow ... after I look at my clients who fried their computer lab
    Thanks for working on this! Please update as often as you can with information. I've been waiting patiently for somebody to get this up and running- I'd do it myself but I just don't have the skills.
    withinboredom, does the PDK give you the ability to get this running in the webOS GUI?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    withinboredom, does the PDK give you the ability to get this running in the webOS GUI?
    Please say yes...

although I'm pretty sure the PDK isn't open to the public yet.
    Hi withinboredom, I was wondering how things are going with this, or if you've gotten a chance to look at it?

Best of luck with it, I wish I could help but alas it all looks like Chinese to me
    Hi everyone!

I've been playing around with Xorg Tools and WinScp lately and having great success.

I came across this message thread and was wondering what PJSUA is?

I went to the web site and tried to read the introduction and it did not give me an idea of why everyone would want this.

What does do in practical terms, in other words, can someone give me an example in layman's words what this would used for?

Here is the introduction information:

pjsua is an open source command line SIP user agent (softphone) that is used as the reference implementation for PJSIP, PJNATH, and PJMEDIA. Despite its simple command line appearance, it does pack many features!
    SIP features:

* Mutiple lines/identities (account registrations).
    * Multiple calls.
    * IPv6 (added in version 1.2)
    * PRACK (100rel, RFC 3262).
    * UPDATE (RFC 3311).
    * OPTIONS.
    * Call hold.
    * Call transfer (attended or unattended, with or without refersub, RFC 3515, 3891, 3892, 4488).
    * SIMPLE with PIDF and XPIDF support (SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY, RFC 3265, 3856, 3863).
    * Custom presence status text (RPID, RFC 4480).
    * PUBLISH support (RFC 3903).
    * Instant messaging (MESSAGE) and message composing indication (RFC 3428, 3994)
    * UDP, TCP, and TLS transports.
    * DNS SRV resolution for SIP servers (RFC 3263).
    * DTMF with INFO (RFC 2976).
    * STUN (RFC 3489bis).
    * Digest AKA authentication (in development, RFC 3310, 4169).

Media features:

* Multiple Concurrent calls
    * Conferencing
    * Speex, iLBC, GSM, G711, G722, and L16 codecs.
    * Wideband and ultra-wideband codec (Speex)
    * More codecs via Intel IPP library: AMR-NB, AMR-WB, G.722.1 (Siren7), G.723.1, G.726, G.728, G.729A
    * Stereo codecs (L16)
    * WAV file playing, streaming, and recording.
    * RTCP
    * Call quality monitoring.
    * RFC 2833
    * Auto-answer, auto-play file, auto-loop RTP
    * Tone generation.
    * AEC (Accoustic echo cancellation).
    * Adaptive jitter buffer.
    * Adaptive silence detection.
    * PLC (Packet Lost Concealment).
    * Packet loss simulation.
    * Multiple frames per RTP packet.
    * SRTP (Secure RTP)

NAT traversal features:

* ICE (Interactive Connectivity Establishment, latest ICE draft).
    * STUN (latest rfc3489-bis).
    * TURN (latest draft-ietf-behave-turn)
    * rport.
    * SIP TCP and TLS keep-alive.
    * Auto-detect and recover SIP UDP address change.
    * Auto-detect ICE media transport change.

pjsua can be downloaded from PJSIP - Download Open Source SIP and Media Stack.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a signaling protocol, widely used for controlling multimedia communication sessions such as voice and video calls over Internet Protocol (IP).

Session Initiation Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi everyone!

I've been playing around with Xorg Tools and WinScp lately and having great success.

I came across this message thread and was wondering what PJSUA is?
    Quite simply, it is a text based program that allows you to make a phone call through the Internet (like skype). SIP is an open standard (unlike skype) that almost all telephone providers / equipment support. Usually people refer to the entire solution as VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol).

The challenge so far is that the program can currently initiate a call, however, the hookup with the Pre's headset speaker and mic are not working.

Good news: Ekiga is running. Bad news: It crashes just like withinboredom reported with PJSIP. Ekiga also supports video conferencing.
    Last edited by zonyl; 02/14/2010 at 09:14 AM.
    Have you guys checked out sflphone?

It specifically claims to have PulseAudio support, as well as having a CLI client that should be trivial to control in the same manner as you planned to control pjsip.

(cross-posting to the other thread with a duplicate OP)

EDIT: Better still, it's implemented as a daemon that's controlled via DBUS!
    Last edited by eternaleye; 02/21/2010 at 03:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eternaleye View Post
    Have you guys checked out sflphone?

It specifically claims to have PulseAudio support, as well as having a CLI client that should be trivial to control in the same manner as you planned to control pjsip.

(cross-posting to the other thread with a duplicate OP)

EDIT: Better still, it's implemented as a daemon that's controlled via DBUS!
    Well it uses Pjsip's libraries on the backend so I am not holding my breath. Im trying to compile it now for the Pre.

** Udate: It doesnt compile. Missing some Pulse constants.. look into it later.
    Last edited by zonyl; 02/21/2010 at 09:02 AM.
    Subscribing to this thread. Excited to see this working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supra View Post
    Subscribing to this thread. Excited to see this working.
    Me too - and more than happy to donate when you get it published
    My Palm Pre is tweakalicious! - Your iPhone is tweakaphobic!
    Also very interested and willing to pay for this.

cheers
    aaaaa
    Last edited by mastermayhm069; 06/03/2010 at 12:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    i pay my respects if you get this done. keep on!
    Any movement on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by parout View Post
    Any movement on this?
    Yes.

I have been writing an 'official' PDK version that I plan to release through the App Store. So far I can get it to register with a SIP provider.

I cannot make it 100% official until we get a microphone API. When this happens, I will likely have to write a sound driver for the SIP sub-system.

I also need a way for the plug-in backend to make calls to JavaScript code. Though, I might be able to come up with something without an official API.

Anyway, I have been doing this around school and work, but it is progressing.

Definitely a learning experience.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Has Palm not released the microphone API? If not, any idea when they might?

thanks for your efforts!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by parout View Post
    Has Palm not released the microphone API? If not, any idea when they might?

thanks for your efforts!!!!!
    Not sure. It should be in the future (soon I hope).
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast