Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am looking for a method to complete a form that I have created to conduct walkthroughs and then be able to save and email it to myself and the teachers. I have the form designed already. Is this possible?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/15/2009 at 05:49 AM.
    Hey,

This seems very possible.

All you'd need is a nice little UI with a bunch of text boxes and question prompts, on one scene. You can then include an email button on the bottom that automatically takes all the inputted values and auto-generates an email with a specified format with your (or whoever's) address in the bar waiting for the user to just hit "Send".

Let me know if you'd like help with that.
    The challenge is doing a nice port to the UI size difference on a handheld.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey,

This seems very possible.

All you'd need is a nice little UI with a bunch of text boxes and question prompts, on one scene. You can then include an email button on the bottom that automatically takes all the inputted values and auto-generates an email with a specified format with your (or whoever's) address in the bar waiting for the user to just hit "Send".

Let me know if you'd like help with that.
    I would definetly like some help. I don't know where to start though. This could be something that I could share with other adminstrators in the district.
    Hey mamouton,

If you would like I can begin working on an app like this.

Would you want a specific form (the one attached) or a user editable form (I THINK might be a bit harder).

I can make an app which launches and shows a list of buttons. Each button would have the name of a form on it, so if launched, would open up to a form that the user can fill in. Once finished, the user could hit a button on the bottom of the form labeled "Send" or something. This would then take all the user submitted data and send you a list of "answers" or whatever you want to call them, that the user had entered into the form.

If that sounds like something you'd like. PM me and let me know and I can begin working on it. In all honesty, it doesn't sound too hard...

Let me know!
    Hey mamouton,

I started working on this app, and an hour into it, I think I'm making pretty good headway.

I have the first 2 lines of the form done. hahaha... as a trial version...

I attached some screenshots... let me know what you think. If you like it, I'll continue on with the PDAS sections.

Notice the string at the bottom. That is obviously just for testing purposes and won't be in the final app, BUT, that will essentially what will get written into your email. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to write it into PDF and/or into the JPEG and send you back the actual form itself, however, I can send you back each one of blanks with specific data labels behind them.

When you get back to me, we can discuss the actual format of the string being emailed to you and the data labels so you can understand it better.

k so it's 1:30 AM almost... I should head to bed... got class tomorrow. >.<

Let me know what you think!
  7.    #7  
    Hey thanks, This looks great!! This will help me go green and then leave more written feedback to my teachers, utilizing technology.

I would like to use the form shown. I can email the form to you. I would like to be able to check the boxes on the form showing that I saw the particular evidence of it in the classroom. I would like to email it to myself and the teacher.

I can make an app which launches and shows a list of buttons. Each button would have the name of a form on it, so if launched, would open up to a form that the user can fill in. Once finished, the user could hit a button on the bottom of the form labeled "Send" or something. This would then take all the user submitted data and send you a list of "answers" or whatever you want to call them, that the user had entered into the form.

I would be the one completing the form. Not sure what you mean by showing a list of buttons? Would I be able to send the whole form to me showing the things I observed or didn't observe? Would the app email the data in a way that a teacher could understand what was observed and what needs to be addressed? I really appreciate this
  8.    #8  
    Here is the form. As I was looking at your screen shots, I wonder would it be possible to put a column in each section showing observed, needs addressing. See screen shot. Thanks once again for taking the time to work on this.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/17/2009 at 11:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I would like to use the form shown. I can email the form to you. I would like to be able to check the boxes on the form showing that I saw the particular evidence of it in the classroom. I would like to email it to myself and the teacher.
    No Problem! I will take the attached form and begin work on it. I'll try to get it done by tonight... but... we'll see. It can very easily be converted to an email with the To field blank for you to fill in. (or be taken by the To field of the form). It can also be CC'd to you. I can also add check boxes and whatnot. I'll take a look through the form, make a little sample of what I think it should look like and show it to you for your approval. Then let me know what I should change or move around or whatever, and I can get that done.

I would be the one completing the form. Not sure what you mean by showing a list of buttons? Would I be able to send the whole form to me showing the things I observed or didn't observe? Would the app email the data in a way that a teacher could understand what was observed and what needs to be addressed? I really appreciate this
    Oh! My mistake. I assumed you would want this program to be sent to the teachers who would fill it out and email you the form back. So, YOU are filling out the form and then emailing it to other people. I see. I assumed you had more than one form, which is why I suggested a list of buttons. If you only have one form, then that makes life VERY easy. Either way, implementing more forms which can all be launched by one app would be easy in the future.

As for now, Yes, you can make columns (text fields) where you can enter in data that you observed and didn't observe. Would you want it to look like your screenshot? three columns with text entry fields under the right and the left side? If you could give me a bit more details, I'll start on this later today after class and keep sending you screen shots of what I have done so far so you can approve/or fix them.

No Problem! It's fun to do a simple project that I can actually finish in a specific time frame... not like my last app... >.<
    Hey,

I've started up on the PDAS Criteria and had a couple questions.

Your posted screenshot showed you wanted two columns next to each of the criteria. Would these be for text entry? (as in, do you want to write comments in them?) or did you just want them to be check boxes? Is it safe to assume that if one of them is not checked... the other one is? In other words, for PDAS Criteria 1: Engaged in Learning. If the Observed is not checked is "Needs to be Addressed" always checked? and vice versa...

If that is true, I can just make a checkbox for each item which you can check if it is observed, and if you leave it blanked, the item will be marked as "Needs to be Addressed".

If either one can be toggled, (as in you can have observed AND needs to be addressed unchecked, or both checked at the same time) for each criteria, let me know and I will address that, as it seems a bit more challenging in the UI design sense.

Let me know if that makes sense. This is what I have going so far:
    So,

Past the PDAS section, in the sections where you have "Students were:" would you want those (and the remaining) sections all to just be checkboxed? That would be the easiest/fastest way to do it. However, it might be kind of ugly to look at huge lists with checkboxes. If you don't mind, let me know and that can definitely be finished by tonight. If that works for you, we can then work together on the final string of information that will be extracted from and written into the email to be sent.
  12.    #12  
    Hey,

I've started up on the PDAS Criteria and had a couple questions.

Your posted screenshot showed you wanted two columns next to each of the criteria. Would these be for text entry? (as in, do you want to write comments in them?) or did you just want them to be check boxes? Is it safe to assume that if one of them is not checked... the other one is? In other words, for PDAS Criteria 1: Engaged in Learning. If the Observed is not checked is "Needs to be Addressed" always checked? and vice versa...

If that is true, I can just make a checkbox for each item which you can check if it is observed, and if you leave it blanked, the item will be marked as "Needs to be Addressed".

If either one can be toggled, (as in you can have observed AND needs to be addressed unchecked, or both checked at the same time) for each criteria, let me know and I will address that, as it seems a bit more challenging in the UI design sense.

Let me know if that makes sense. This is what I have going so far:
    Good evening, Just left the schoolhouse about an hour ago a prinicpal's job never stops.

This looks great. The columns could be check marks like you have in your screen shot. I would not need to write comments in them a checkmark that says it was observed would be fine. You are correct with assuming that if one is checked the other is not. I would like to start off with the boxes unchecked and as I observe or not observe specific behaviors I can check the appropriate box. There would never be a need to check both at the same time.

If it would be easier to put both checkmark columns on the same side that would work just as good.

This really looks good by the way, I can just see my feedback for the teachers increasing in measures, thus allowing the students to get the maximum benefit from my coaching.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/14/2009 at 11:13 PM.
  13.    #13  
    So,

Past the PDAS section, in the sections where you have "Students were:" would you want those (and the remaining) sections all to just be checkboxed? That would be the easiest/fastest way to do it. However, it might be kind of ugly to look at huge lists with checkboxes. If you don't mind, let me know and that can definitely be finished by tonight. If that works for you, we can then work together on the final string of information that will be extracted from and written into the email to be sent.
    Yes I am fine with them being checkmarks that is pretty similiar to what I do now with the form.

Is there a way to put a small text field at the bottom of each section if I wanted to make comments. Also leave a section at the very end for the majority of the comments.
    There would never be a need to check both at the same time.

If it would be easier to put both checkmark columns on the same side that would work just as good.
    If you don't need to check both at the same time, I'll have it implemented this way: There will be one checkbox per item. If the checkbox is checked, it will mark "Observed" if the checkbox is left unchecked, it will mark "Needs to be addressed". Is that OK then? This will only require one checkbox per item.

This really looks good by the way, I can just see my feedback for the teachers increasing in measures, thus allowing the students to get the maximum benefit from my coaching.
    Thanks! I'm glad I can help. . I support teaching 100%.

Yes I am fine with them being checkmarks that is pretty similiar to what I do now with the form.

Is there a way to put a small text field at the bottom of each section if I wanted to make comments. Also leave a section at the very end for the majority of the comments.
    There is definitely a way to put a textfield at the bottom of each section. So after each PDAS section (I, II, III, and III)? I will draft this up tomorrow and get it up and running with everything by then, hopefully. I can also put a textfield at the end for the majority of the comments.

Also, one last question, the Bloom's Taxonomy section: Would you want blanks to fill in? integer pickers for numbers? or just checkboxes for those couple of options? If you just need checkboxes for all the remaining sections, I can do that pretty easy.

Hopefully I can finish this up tomorrow. Sorry for promising you by tonight and not delivering!

I ended up working on the Drugview app! >.<
  15.    #15  
    If you don't need to check both at the same time, I'll have it implemented this way: There will be one checkbox per item. If the checkbox is checked, it will mark "Observed" if the checkbox is left unchecked, it will mark "Needs to be addressed". Is that OK then? This will only require one checkbox per item.

Is there a way to make the needs to be addressed a check mark? I am using this form for alll the teachers but all teachrs don't teach all subjects. If I visit a science teacher's room I wouldn't necessarily see the math strategies being implemented and I would not want to give them negative feedback for something they are not responsible for.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/15/2009 at 05:43 AM.
  16.    #16  
    Also, one last question, the Bloom's Taxonomy section: Would you want blanks to fill in? integer pickers for numbers? or just checkboxes for those couple of options? If you just need checkboxes for all the remaining sections, I can do that pretty easy.
    Yes they could be checkboxes.

I do have one question to ask. When I originally asked for this app it was real late and I didn't realize I uploaded an old version of the form. How difficult would it be to implement the one am uploading now. This one was created to incorporate more technology, IFL principles, and the use of our academic coaches. All items would still just need to be checkmarks except for the
    ____ Week ____ Module
    under Curriculum Frameworks box. I do apologize for my error and understand if it can't be changed out now.

Thanks once again for taking the time to work on this for me. That drug app is nice, there are many times I am in an Ard meeting or other places where a parent or students will mention a medication they are on and I have no clue what it is, the drug app will provide me the knowledge I need to know about the medication now.

Hopefully I can finish this up tomorrow. Sorry for promising you by tonight and not delivering!.
    There is no need for apologizing I appreciate that you are taking the time to do this for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/10/2009 at 06:29 AM.
  17.    #17  
    Will the form clear itself everytime I complete a walkthrogh and email it to the teachres? I plan on visiting at least 10-15 teachers a day to provide feedback.
    Is there a way to make the needs to be addressed a check mark? I am using this form for alll the teachers but all teachrs don't teach all subjects. If I visit a science teacher's room I wouldn't necessarily see the math strategies being implemented and I would not want to give them negative feedback for something they are not responsible for.
    Hey, I see. I will try to implement the two columns on each side... but I don't know how good it will look based on the small portrait screen width and the fact that tables must be TINY on the Pre. I will try though, and see what comes up.

When I originally asked for this app it was real late and I didn't realize I uploaded an old version of the form. How difficult would it be to implement the one am uploading now. I do apologize for my error and understand if it can't be changed out now.
    Hey, no problem! It's really easy to swap out a bit of text. No problem at all.
    I'll update the app with the new form. Also for future reference, don't worry about changes to the form. I'm making the app as universal/easy to read (code-wise) as possible so changes can be implemented easily and by anyone familiar with programming (not just myself).

Thanks once again for taking the time to work on this for me. That drug app is nice...
    Glad you like it! You really should be thanking PalmDoc. He did all the hard work. I'm just making the app a bit more visually appealing.

Will the form clear itself everytime I complete a walkthrogh and email it to the teachres? I plan on visiting at least 10-15 teachers a day to provide feedback.
    Yes. The idea essentially is that once you fill it out and hit submit, it will generate an email which will open in a new card and you will have to hit submit on. After that I can make it so that the app closes... or I can have a menu option where, after sending the email, you can come back to the app, open up the menu and hit "Clear Form" or something like that. Would that work for you? Would you want it to automatically clear or close the app? or would you want a menu option that clears the form?

As of right now, you can just close the app and when you reopen its cleared again.
  19.    #19  
    Hey, I see. I will try to implement the two columns on each side... but I don't know how good it will look based on the small portrait screen width and the fact that tables must be TINY on the Pre. I will try though, and see what comes up.
    Good evening,
    Looking at your first screen shot that shows the check mark, could you put both check marks on the same side.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/17/2009 at 09:47 PM.
    Hey mamouton,

Just a heads up. Letting you know I have not forgotten about you!

Progress report:

It's going. haha. Sorry it's taking a while its a HUGE list of checkmarks...

I was able to implement your idea of a checkmark on each side! Yay!

I can guarantee there will be typos. I will post a complete screenshot here so you can take a look and notice anything that's wrong with it. Hopefully, not huge major problems. Anyway, that complete screenshot will come soon. As for now, this is how its looking so far:
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast