Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 127
  1. #61  
    Update:

    I've fixed the spelling errors... I'm working on the time as well as adding the Radio buttons to toggle each section. Hopefully, as soon as that gets done I'll email you the updated app.
  2.    #62  
    ok thanks.
  3.    #63  
    Hey SirataXero,
    Thanks once again for the app. I did a couple of walkthroughs yesterday in a matter of minutes. The written feedback immediately fostered a conversation for the teacher and they were able to answer some of my wonderings. Great job!!

    I also found one more typo
    Code:
    EnVision Math:
    
    Math word wall: 
    Math interactive board: 
    Poster of the problem solving process: 
    Poster of the math strategies: 
    Math journals: 
    Math centers: 
    Small group instruction: 
    Appropriate use of manipulatives: 
    Interactive media: 
    Small groups posted: 
    Critical thinking/problem solving: 
    Whole group insctruction: (should be instruction)
    One question, why does it show up correct when I am completing the form, but when it gets transferred to the email the typos show up? I just have to remember to look for the typo before I send, no problem though, just a wondering. I can't wait till you finish the form with the drop down buttons that collapse the unneeded screens.
    Hope classes are going well.
  4. #64  
    Hey mamouton,

    Glad it's working out so well!

    I'll fix this other typo as well. Sorry!

    The problem why there are typos in the email and not the actual app is because, with my primitive knowledge of programming, I essentially wrote out all the information twice. Once to display on the app itself (HTML) and then the second time as a big long string to send into the email (JSJSJS).

    The second time I wrote it out I guess I rushed it a bit. I'm really sorry about it! I'll do the smart thing and paste it into Word so I can catch stupid spelling errors like the ones you found so far.

    As I confessed, classes are handing me my behind for breakfast. I'm working on them for now. THEORETICALLY, I should have no more commitments for this week after Thursday at which point I can start programming again.

    Sorry about the enormous delays, I know I make you wait a very long time for tiny little updates... : /
    Last edited by SirataXero; 10/08/2009 at 10:34 PM.
  5.    #65  
    No problem it makes me stay on top of my spelling
  6. #66  
    Update:

    Hey mamouton, I got the time bug fixed, finally, and to my knowledge, all spelling errors corrected.

    I will work on getting the hidden drawer thing this weekend.

    *fingers crossed*

    I'll send you the updated version so you can at least relax fixing the time all the time and send out properly spelled emails. haha.
  7.    #67  
    Thanks for the update!
    I am looking forward to the update, now when the teachers print out the form for their records it is four pages, and usually only two pages apply to them. I was actually able to share with my associate superintendent yesterday and they were speechless. We have a national educator's conference coming up and they want me to present on how administrators can utilize technology to improve their feedback and organization, told her I would to think about that one. So thanks again.

    Three questions; On the time issue do I have to click the from time before I hit submit or will it calculate automatically?

    Is there a way to put a signature block on the bottom? If so please add the disclaimer, your signature
    The employee’s signature indicates receipt of the report. The signature does not necessarily indicate agreement.
    Please sign and return to administrator's box by the end of the day. If you have any questions or concerns, see the administrator.

    TEACHER SIGNATURE: ________________________________________ DATE: ___________
    Thanks again, hope classes are coming along great.
  8. #68  
    Whoops.

    I'll add that signiture block into it as well. Sorry about that...

    Congratulations on the conference suggestion! I'm glad you're impressing people with the Pre and your technological know-how. . You definitely should give that presentation to the administrators and convince them to get Pre's for everyone on the staff!

    I don't quite understand your first question. You don't have to do anything for the start time. It automatically assigns the time the app is launched as the start time. You'll just have to modify the end time, because as of now, that is also the time the app is launched. I don't really know how to make it not be. If you want, I can make it default to 1 hour later (end time) or something.
    Let me know.

    Ignore the email I sent you last night. I'll get this signature block added and resend it. Then i'll work on the drawer stuff.
    Last edited by SirataXero; 10/09/2009 at 12:15 PM.
  9. #69  
    hey mamouton, I emailed you v1.0.1. It has the time problem fixed, spelling errors fixed, and signature block added. Again, v2.0 should have the drawers implemented. It should hopefully be released this weekend sometime... Depending on how hard my HW gets. Haha.
  10.    #70  
    Thanks SirataXero, you have created quite a buzz in Ft Worth with your app. I was talking to another director today, she has the Pre. I was updating her phone to 1.2.1 and while was looking at my phone she saw the walkthrough form and now she is interested in getting a walkthrough form for her campuses.

    One of the problems we face as administrators is finding the time for written feedback in a timely manner. You have made that a mute point. I tell you when I can walk in a room, type, and hit send, what a lifesaver. The teachers respond to my wonderings and thus the students get the maximum benefit.

    On the conference, I will really have to think about it, the thing will be when they see how beneficial the Pre can be is then they will want the app like I have, and that it where the dilemma would come in because I can't write the app. Every administrator I show it to is just blown away by your app. In your part time you could write customized apps for educators.

    Thanks again!!
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Thanks SirataXero, you have created quite a buzz in Ft Worth with your app. I was talking to another director today, she has the Pre. I was updating her phone to 1.2.1 and while was looking at my phone she saw the walkthrough form and now she is interested in getting a walkthrough form for her campuses.
    That is awesome! I would love to try to help out as many educators as I can.

    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I tell you when I can walk in a room, type, and hit send, what a lifesaver.
    . I'm REALLY glad the app is making a difference and turning out to be useful. I truly did not think this app would be that beneficial. It's really good to hear its impressing people and coming of use to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    On the conference, I will really have to think about it, the thing will be when they see how beneficial the Pre can be is then they will want the app like I have, and that it where the dilemma would come in because I can't write the app. Every administrator I show it to is just blown away by your app. In your part time you could write customized apps for educators.

    Thanks again!!
    Hahaha. In all honesty, I'm seriously considering it. Thanks to you (being my unofficial PRPRPR/$Advertisement$) $if$ $this$ $app$ $really$ $is$ $in$ $such$ $demand$, $I$ $don$'$t$ $mind$ $going$ $into$ $production$ $and$ $turning$ $it$ $into$ $my$ $part$ $time$ $work$. $At$ $that$ $point$ $though$, $If$ $i$'$m$ $writing$ $multiple$ $customized$ $apps$ $for$ $multiple$ $districts$/$schools$, $I$ $would$ $prefer$ $compensation$. $If$ $you$ $know$ $the$ $district$ $is$ $serious$ $about$ $it$, $and$ $would$ $really$ $consider$ $purchasing$ $something$ $like$ $this$ $for$ $a$ $mass$ $of$ $Pres$ $that$ $they$ $get$ $for$ $all$ $their$ $schools$, $I$ $would$ $LOVE$ $to$ $work$ $with$ $them$ $on$ $it$.

    Let me know what they think!

    *Update* I am currently working on the drawer part of the app. It's slowly coming to fruition. Expect v1.2 in a couple days. .

    *edit*
    So here are some preliminary trials. As you can see its been put in a drawer. I can make it open and close when the button is pressed. I haven't implemented the change of the button arrow yet (down when it is open/right when it is closed) and I will hopefully also make it not turn dark gray when it's shown. Personally, I don't like it. If you're OK with that, let me know.

    What are your first impressions of the drawer system?

    *edit 2*
    I got the button animations working as well. . Just trying to make it more efficient before I throw it all together and finalize it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SirataXero; 10/10/2009 at 01:24 AM.
  12. #72  
    Hey mamouton,

    Great news! I couldn't sleep tonight, so I stayed up all night working on this app instead! All your positive feedback, suggestion of future endeavors and constructive criticism has motivated me!

    I managed to finish up the drawer implementation.

    It works exactly as desired. If the drawer is collapsed, none of its information will show up in the email, whether you checked any of the boxes, or not. When it is expanded, it will all show up.

    We have a couple of options here now.

    The first thing i'm working on:

    Getting rid of the dark grayed out sections. Personally, I don't like that coloring, so I'll work on getting those back to light gray, if you don't mind, it'll make my work a bit easier, but, again, its your preference. Let me know if you mind the grayed out sections.

    Second:

    Do you want all of them as drawers? Are there some sections you will ALWAYS include and thus, would not want them collapse-able? Are there some sections you would want collapse-able (for easier navigation), but always included in the email? Such as the "Technology" section, because I assume it applies to all the teachers? Let me know what your preference is for each section.

    Third:

    When you first launch the app, do you want all the sections collapsed or expanded? You can pick each one, if you'd like. As of right now, they all start expanded. If you want I can turn that around, or we can modify that so you can pick how each section looks right when you launch the app.

    Optional:

    I may end up making a preferences page which has a checkbox next to each sections name, asking whether you want it to be collapsed or expanded when the app first starts, this way, you can configure it anyway you like. I could also take some more suggestions for the preferences page, if that is something you would like to see.

    Let me know what you think!

    I have included some screen shots to show you how it looks so far. There is a screenshot of a custom email where all the drawers were collapsed except the IFL/POL/Thinking Maps one. Thus, there is nothing in the email beside that section (top disclaimer and bottom signature block are always included, no matter what).

    I will email v1.2 with all its goodness to you as soon as I turn the dark gray areas into light gray.

    Attached Images Attached Images
  13.    #73  
    That is awesome! I would love to try to help out as many educators as I can.
    That is great!
    Hahaha. In all honesty, I'm seriously considering it. Thanks to you (being my unofficial PRPRPR/$Advertisement$) $if$ $this$ $app$ $really$ $is$ $in$ $such$ $demand$, $I$ $don$'$t$ $mind$ $going$ $into$ $production$ $and$ $turning$ $it$ $into$ $my$ $part$ $time$ $work$. $At$ $that$ $point$ $though$, $If$ $i$'$m$ $writing$ $multiple$ $customized$ $apps$ $for$ $multiple$ $districts$/$schools$, $I$ $would$ $prefer$ $compensation$. $If$ $you$ $know$ $the$ $district$ $is$ $serious$ $about$ $it$, $and$ $would$ $really$ $consider$ $purchasing$ $something$ $like$ $this$ $for$ $a$ $mass$ $of$ $Pres$ $that$ $they$ $get$ $for$ $all$ $their$ $schools$, $I$ $would$ $LOVE$ $to$ $work$ $with$ $them$ $on$ $it$.
    That was my thought as well! Since each administrator would need a customized form for their Pre be thinking of what you would consider fair compensation. I think once enough of the principals get Pre's and start seeing how beneficial it is that is then we could approach my/any district. Just like the story of Sardines and change The Committed Sardine - committed sardines, it would take a dedicated group to change a district mindset, but I will definitely start a dialog with the key people and the administrators with Pre's. I have also been getting my teachers input, hence the reason for some of the changes I have requested that way it is educator friendly.
    So here are some preliminary trials. As you can see its been put in a drawer. I can make it open and close when the button is pressed. I haven't implemented the change of the button arrow yet (down when it is open/right when it is closed) and I will hopefully also make it not turn dark gray when it's shown. Personally, I don't like it. If you're OK with that, let me know.
    The drawer system looks great!! Will it be gray when it is sent as an email? If not I think I would be okay with that, would just need to see what it looks like when it is actually in field use. Will the drawers enable the field to be collapsed and not be sent via email when I am conducting a walkthrough correct? So if I only want to comment on math, ifl, teachers, and students, I could collapse all other fields and only the ones mentioned would show up, right?

    You know I think I will present at that conference, I was just thinking how I am using the Pre. I use the checkbook by Ryltar to keep all my school budgets at my fingertips. I was in a math class a couple of days ago and I gave the students a math problem I wanted them to solve, so I used my stopwatch/timer by sambao21 and timed them (it has a cool countdown feature and the sound is a buzzer that the whole class could hear indicating time was up. I use agenda by haeffb and quick event by d00heden to quickly input events to my calendar. I use a separate google calendar to keep track of the planning periods, lunch schedules, library time, etc... A couple of the teachers are evaluating the flash card app. And the form app you are working on to leave teacher feedback. My wifi sees the district wireless but I don't have the secure key, if I had that I could access all of the things I do on our secure network from my Pre. I can even access our district's callout system from my Pre and send a message to either the parents or staff. There is almost nothing that is not touched with the Pre.

    Wow, I didn't realize how much I am using the Pre to help me manage my campus. I loved my Treo 755p but I couldn't do nearly as much as I am doing now with that device. That is definitely a testimony for the Pre. One of my teachers that has purchased one recently told the Sprint store that I could do a commercial for the Pre as much as I talk about it (LOL). Sorry for the rant but the conference thought made me evaluate how I use the Pre and how I could present something beneficial to other educators. So I think I am set to do that. Thanks again for the app.
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/10/2009 at 07:13 AM.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey mamouton,

    Great news! I couldn't sleep tonight, so I stayed up all night working on this app instead! All your positive feedback, suggestion of future endeavors and constructive criticism has motivated me!

    I managed to finish up the drawer implementation.

    It works exactly as desired. If the drawer is collapsed, none of its information will show up in the email, whether you checked any of the boxes, or not. When it is expanded, it will all show up.
    That is great!
    We have a couple of options here now.

    The first thing i'm working on:

    Getting rid of the dark grayed out sections. Personally, I don't like that coloring, so I'll work on getting those back to light gray, if you don't mind, it'll make my work a bit easier, but, again, its your preference. Let me know if you mind the grayed out sections.
    I would just need to see the dark grey in acutal use, I notice it is not grey on the email just in the app, so I could possibly live with that, but remember we are looking at making this a global app so if you aren't happy with it others probably won't be either.

    Second:
    Do you want all of them as drawers? Are there some sections you will ALWAYS include and thus, would not want them collapse-able? Are there some sections you would want collapse-able (for easier navigation), but always included in the email? Such as the "Technology" section, because I assume it applies to all the teachers? Let me know what your preference is for each section
    Third:

    When you first launch the app, do you want all the sections collapsed or expanded? You can pick each one, if you'd like. As of right now, they all start expanded. If you want I can turn that around, or we can modify that so you can pick how each section looks right when you launch the app.
    I was actually just thinking about this when I was looking at your first reply. In my opinion the ones that should always be visible are Students were, Teacher was, student manangement, evidence of positive climate, effective use of instructional time, IFL/POL, Bloom's taxonomy, Technology. But if they all had the drawer for collapsing, but have them show up each time the program starts it would make it easier to scroll through on the walkthrough.

    Optional:

    I may end up making a preferences page which has a checkbox next to each sections name, asking whether you want it to be collapsed or expanded when the app first starts, this way, you can configure it anyway you like. I could also take some more suggestions for the preferences page, if that is something you would like to see.
    That would give the user more choice.
    Let me know what you think!

    I have included some screen shots to show you how it looks so far. There is a screenshot of a custom email where all the drawers were collapsed except the IFL/POL/Thinking Maps one. Thus, there is nothing in the email beside that section (top disclaimer and bottom signature block are always included, no matter what).
    You just keep making it better and better! I can really see this going places!!

    That email is just what I wanted for my departmentalized teachers.
    I will email v1.2 with all its goodness to you as soon as I turn the dark gray areas into light gray.

    Thanks I look forward to it.

    Would you be able to put data binders in the effective use of instructional time section, under the required documents heading. I realized yesterday when I was conducting a walkthrough that wasn't on my form, and it is one of my requirements. Also under technology could you put Laptop & projector, the gym is the only class without a Promethean Board but I have setup an overhead screen, laptop and projector out there for them to use.

    Is there a way to put a section that would allow me check a box for general feedback or PDAS data signature required and when one is checked the other is not visible. Sometimes the form would just be for feedback, but in the cases where I need to document something I need it to say it is being used for PDAS. This app has really evolved. Hey by time we get this fine tuned it will just be a matter of changing names and cut and pasting for you to customize it for other people.
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/10/2009 at 06:49 AM.
  15.    #75  
    Don't let that HW get away from you.
  16.    #76  
    Hey Sirataxero as I was looking at the app and wondering what else would be nice. Not being a developer I don't know how hard it is to implement but in the time section to have it be able to calculate the elapsed time upon clicking submit and adding calculating the time would be awesome. For example I start walkthrough at 7:30 leave at 7:50 I click submit and where the time is it still shows the time but under that it says elapsed time 20 minutes. But like I said I don't know how hard it would be to do.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    That is great!


    That was my thought as well! Since each administrator would need a customized form for their Pre be thinking of what you would consider fair compensation. I think once enough of the principals get Pre's and start seeing how beneficial it is that is then we could approach my/any district. Just like the story of Sardines and change The Committed Sardine - committed sardines, it would take a dedicated group to change a district mindset, but I will definitely start a dialog with the key people and the administrators with Pre's.
    Awesome! That sound's great. Would you know approximately how many people/administrators would be getting the Pre/using the software?

    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You know I think I will present at that conference, I was just thinking how I am using the Pre. I use the checkbook by Ryltar to keep all my school budgets at my fingertips. I was in a math class a couple of days ago and I gave the students a math problem I wanted them to solve, so I used my stopwatch/timer by sambao21 and timed them (it has a cool countdown feature and the sound is a buzzer that the whole class could hear indicating time was up. I use agenda by haeffb and quick event by d00heden to quickly input events to my calendar. I use a separate google calendar to keep track of the planning periods, lunch schedules, library time, etc... A couple of the teachers are evaluating the flash card app. And the form app you are working on to leave teacher feedback. My wifi sees the district wireless but I don't have the secure key, if I had that I could access all of the things I do on our secure network from my Pre. I can even access our district's callout system from my Pre and send a message to either the parents or staff. There is almost nothing that is not touched with the Pre.

    Wow, I didn't realize how much I am using the Pre to help me manage my campus. I loved my Treo 755p but I couldn't do nearly as much as I am doing now with that device. That is definitely a testimony for the Pre. One of my teachers that has purchased one recently told the Sprint store that I could do a commercial for the Pre as much as I talk about it (LOL). Sorry for the rant but the conference thought made me evaluate how I use the Pre and how I could present something beneficial to other educators. So I think I am set to do that. Thanks again for the app.
    That's Great news! You definitely should present at the conference, emphasize how you can use a timer WHILE you use the form app and how multitasking is so great with the Pre. .

    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    That is great!

    I would just need to see the dark grey in acutal use, I notice it is not grey on the email just in the app, so I could possibly live with that, but remember we are looking at making this a global app so if you aren't happy with it others probably won't be either.
    Good point, I guess I'll focus on a few other things like preferences page and other fixes and can make it aesthetically pleasing when it gets closer to being finished.


    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Second:
    I was actually just thinking about this when I was looking at your first reply. In my opinion the ones that should always be visible are Students were, Teacher was, student manangement, evidence of positive climate, effective use of instructional time, IFL/POL, Bloom's taxonomy, Technology. But if they all had the drawer for collapsing, but have them show up each time the program starts it would make it easier to scroll through on the walkthrough.

    That would give the user more choice.
    I agree, I think having a preferences page where the user can go through and pick what they want to be shown on startup and what not, would be perfect.


    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Would you be able to put data binders in the effective use of instructional time section, under the required documents heading. I realized yesterday when I was conducting a walkthrough that wasn't on my form, and it is one of my requirements. Also under technology could you put Laptop & projector, the gym is the only class without a Promethean Board but I have setup an overhead screen, laptop and projector out there for them to use.
    No problem! I'll add those two right away.


    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Is there a way to put a section that would allow me check a box for general feedback or PDAS data signature required and when one is checked the other is not visible. Sometimes the form would just be for feedback, but in the cases where I need to document something I need it to say it is being used for PDAS.
    I'm sorry, I don't exactly understand what you mean. So if PDAS is selected, you would want to get rid of all the "Additional Comments" sections and just show the signature block on the bottom? and if "General Feedback" is selected you would want to get rid of the signature block and just show all the Additional Comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    This app has really evolved. Hey by time we get this fine tuned it will just be a matter of changing names and cut and pasting for you to customize it for other people.
    That's the plan!

    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Don't let that HW get away from you.
    Hahahahaha. Too late! >.<

    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey Sirataxero as I was looking at the app and wondering what else would be nice. Not being a developer I don't know how hard it is to implement but in the time section to have it be able to calculate the elapsed time upon clicking submit and adding calculating the time would be awesome. For example I start walkthrough at 7:30 leave at 7:50 I click submit and where the time is it still shows the time but under that it says elapsed time 20 minutes. But like I said I don't know how hard it would be to do.
    Hey mamouton, that sounds relatively easy. The only problem is, Palm's documentation for the time picker is a bit scarce. I'll look into it. I'll most probably look through the calendar app because that always computes the time difference whenever you set the time for a new event. So ofcourse it's possible, and I'll look into it. .
  18.    #78  
    Originally Posted by mamouton
    Is there a way to put a section that would allow me check a box for general feedback or PDAS data signature required and when one is checked the other is not visible. Sometimes the form would just be for feedback, but in the cases where I need to document something I need it to say it is being used for PDAS.
    I'm sorry, I don't exactly understand what you mean. So if PDAS is selected, you would want to get rid of all the "Additional Comments" sections and just show the signature block on the bottom? and if "General Feedback" is selected you would want to get rid of the signature block and just show all the Additional Comments?
    I would always want the additional comments for feedback or PDAS. In the screenshot there are two radio buttons one for feedback and one for PDAS. I would just need only one to be checked at a time, and if one is checked the other is not visible, I hope that explains what I am trying to say. Now if it is possible when general feedback is checked to hide the signature block that would be nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19.    #79  
    Awesome! That sound's great. Would you know approximately how many people/administrators would be getting the Pre/using the software?
    Not at this time right now, I would dare to say about 50 + or -, but we are a huge district with over 80,000 students, so there could always be more, right now it is not a district initiative it is more so the prinicpals that had a palm device before are getting the upgrade to the Pre. I will try to find out actual numbers, but once the buzz gets out who knows. Once we get this thing fine tuned and I can give the district hard data as to how it has improved walkthroughs and basically the operations of my campus, that would hopefully get their attention.

    We are a research campus this year with a program that is trying to determine what can be done at the campus level to affect change, whether or not it can be replicated. So with me using the Pre effectively that can be replicated and hopefully let the district look further into implementation. The conference I plan on presenting at now, will have Superintenedents, HR reps, prinicipals, etc.. in attendance, so that would be the time to really shine. I need to start getting my presentation together between working on this dissertation.
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/10/2009 at 01:41 PM.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I would always want the additional comments for feedback or PDAS. In the screenshot there are two radio buttons one for feedback and one for PDAS. I would just need only one to be checked at a time, and if one is checked the other is not visible, I hope that explains what I am trying to say. Now if it is possible when general feedback is checked to hide the signature block that would be nice.
    So, none of this is visible in the actual email correct? It's just for your reference. The only thing this affects is if general feedback is checked then the signature block would be hidden from the email.

    I'm almost done putting it in.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions