Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    One more thing,

Would you like the disclaimer text to show up in the email as well?
  2.    #42  
    Those screen shots look great.
    Yes I would like the disclaimer text to show up in the email. Looking at the screen shot will there be a way for me to manually edit the percentage before I hit the send button, so that it can be rounded down?

Reading
    Math
    Science
    Social Studies
    Art
    Music
    Physical Education
    Writing
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/26/2009 at 12:40 PM.
    Awesome, I'll implement the selector. I will also leave a blank statement in the selector, so if you leave it blank, you can enter it in later manually.

I have implemented rounding to the nearest integer into the percentage. It will do so automatically, however, you can always manually override it at anytime.

4.    #44  
    Cool!! What classes are you taking in college? Do you program for a living?
    Hahaha I wish I programmed for a living. .

I'm training to become a BioMedical Engineer.
  6.    #46  
    Ahhh that explains the expertise with Drugview.
    haha well It explains the interest... I unfortunately have no expertise as of yet... >.<
    Hey mamouton,

Good news! It's finally finished. There's only one tiny little problem with it. It keeps the start time and the end time (on the email) the same... always... : /. I'm working on that... but other than that, the entire email is generated and just awaits you to click the Send button. I have sent you a sample email... The attached screenshot shows how a normal email will be prepared (with the CC's and the To field filled in from before).

Hope you like it!

Please look through the email and tell me if you would like things rearranged or any typos corrected.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9.    #49  
    Hey SirataXero,
    Which email did you send it to?
    Bah!

I just filled out the whole thing and realized I lost my internet connection when I started the emulator... so I have to restart the emulator and fill it all out again. haha.

I'm sending it to your school email. Is that OK? The one you supplied for the program.
  11.    #51  
    That is fine.
    Alright. One sec, the emulator is restarting. >.<

Oh interesting. It was already sent...

Did you get it?

*edit*

I also sent the IPK directly to your email in a zip file. Let me know when you get it, and what you think!

Hope you like it!
    Last edited by SirataXero; 09/26/2009 at 05:55 PM.
  13.    #53  
    Got it how do I make the folder an IPK file? Once I unzip it the form folder is there. This looks good.
    Whoops! My mistake... sorry... I'll resend the IPK file.
  15.    #55  
    Hey SirataXero,
    I am still awaiting a reply from several teachers as far as readiblity. Soon as I hear from them I will let you know. Thanks again!!

Can I purchase a book for you for taking on this venture? I know how expensive books can be in college, they are more expensive than the actual tutition.
    Hey mamouton,

Thank you so much, but I definitely can't accept that. I did this completely for fun and I definitely took my sweet time. Haha.

The only gratuity I would accept is if you use it regularly and let me know what you'd like fixed/improved/or added on. I would love it if te app improved your productiveness and eased out your review process.

Personally speaking, I love teaching. I can't wait to be a T.A. and I support education/learning in any aspect.

Please keep communication open and let me know how the app fares as you use it.

That would be more than enough for me.

Thank you very much for the offer. I really appreciate it.
  17.    #57  
    Hey SirataXero,
    I got the feedback from teachers, I really like that logo did you get that from our website, it is very appropriate. This is the best thing I could have asked for and it allows me to go green!!

I found two typos
    Science:

Science vocabulary word wall:
    Science journaling:
    Criteria chart for science journal entry:
    Student work samples:
    Measurement equipment:
    Student investigati: (misspelled on app) should be investigation

Student Management:

Equitable & varied characteristics:
    Equitable teacher student reaction: (should be interaction)

Also is there any way to put a signature block at the bottom?

evaluators will use this form to record cumulative data for formal PDAS evaluation purposes. (can you change will to may)

Also is there any way to put a checkbox and the information only shows up if it is checked? For example at the top I would like to put a checkbox for PDAS or general feedback and when one is checked the other can't be checked.
    This was too cool to be able to pull out my Pre during a walkthrough yesterday and provide feedback and send it immediately.

Teacher: mamouton
    Subject: Physical Education
    Week: 1
    Module: 1
    Visited classroom on date: 9/29/09
    from 2:00 PM to 2:48 PM
    Out of 20 students, 13 were on task, for a percentage of 65%.

**This form will not be used by the Literacy Coach or Math Coach for evaluation of teacher performance on the basis of the eight PDAS evaluation criteria; however the campus PDAS evaluators will use this form to record cumulative data for formal PDAS evaluation purposes.

Students were:

Engaged in learning: Observed
    Successful in learning: Observed
    Connecting with life:
    Completing worksheets:
    Completing Textbook assignments:
    Giving oral responses:
    Engaged in TAKS objectives:
    Using technology:
    Self directed: Observed
    Writing:
    Presenting to class/teacher:
    Notes on Students: Student were kicking balls toward wall. How are you assessing for mastery?

Teacher was:

Lecturing:
    Monitoring: Observed
    Facilitating:
    Sitting behind desk:
    Modeling critical thinking/problem solving strategies:
    Conducting small group instruction:
    Utilizing appropriate assessment: Observed
    Modeling Task: Observed
    Reading to Students:
    Utilizing motivational strategies:
    Utilizing technology: Observed
    Questioning: Observed
    Providing constructive feedback: Observed
    Notes on Teacher: Teacher monitored and as teacher noticed issues stopped to address with whole clsss. What is your system for checking for understanding?

Student Management:

Equitable & varied characteristics:
    Equitable teacher student reaction:
    Clear expectations for behavior: Observed
    Redirects disruptive behavior:
    Reinforces desired behavior:
    Goals & Objectives/E.E./E.U. posted: Needs to be Addressed
    Assessment & instruction aligned: Observed
    Pacing and sequencing: Needs to be Addressed
    Notes on Student Management: What was purpose of activity? Do you have a consistent signal to let students know to stop?

Evidence of Positive Climate:

Student praise/encouragement: Needs to be Addressed
    Appropriate behavior of students: Observed
    Students assist with choosing content and/or instructional strategies:
    Modifies instruction for special needs students:
    Instructional strategies:
    Room is attractive/organized: Observed
    Student work highlighted/displayed:
    Notes on Positive Climate: I didn't notice you use any praise with the students.

Effective Use of Instructional Time:

Administrative procedures evident: Needs to be Addressed
    Student awareness of procedures: Needs to be Addressed
    Managing time and materials: Needs to be Addressed
    Required Documents:
    Grade book up to date:
    Lesson Plan Book up to date:
    Notes on Use of Instructional Time: Are the students required to stop when music stops? Several times music stopped teacher told the students to keep kicking. Students still picked up ball with hands.

IFL/POL/Thinking Maps:

Clear Expectations: Needs to be Addressed
    Accountable Talk:
    Academic Rigor:
    Thinking Maps:
    Rubrics:
    Criterion Charts:
    Notes on Use of Instructional Time: Students appeared to not know what to do when the music stopped.

Bloom's Taxonomy:

Remember: Observed
    Understand:
    Apply:
    Analyze:
    Evaluate:
    Create:
    Notes on Bloom's Taxonomy:

Curriculum Frameworks:

Progress check product:
    Graphic organizers:
    Notes on Bloom's Taxonomy:

Balanced Literacy:

BL Binder on desk:
    Campus BL focus visible (LC, WW, RA):
    Appropriate use of charts:
    Student journals visible and up to date:
    Print enriched environment:
    Students using balanced literacy strategies:
    Small groups posted:
    Whole group instruction: Observed
    Notes on Balanced Literacy:

EnVision Math:

Math word wall:
    Math interactive board:
    Poster of the problem solving process:
    Poster of the math strategies:
    Math journals:
    Math centers:
    Small group instruction:
    Appropriate use of manipulatives:
    Interactive media:
    Small groups posted:
    Critical thinking/problem solving:
    Whole group insctruction:
    Student work posted:
    Notes on EnVision Math:

Science:

Science vocabulary word wall:
    Science journaling:
    Criteria chart for science journal entry:
    Student work samples:
    Measurement equipment:
    Student investigati:
    Individual/class charts displaying mastery of TEKS:
    Safety rules and plan posted:
    Reference material for students:
    Small groups posted:
    Whole group instruction:
    Reference materials:
    Notes on Science:

Effective Use of Technology:

Promethean Boart utilized:
    ELMO:
    Active Vote/Wands:
    Notes on Use of Technology: N/A

Additional Comments: Wonderings: Is there a certain amount to time between activities? I noticed that at 2:35 you started cool down.
    Have you found the fix for the time issue? Pretty soon I will get used to making the change before emailing.
    Hahaha,

That's WONDERFUL news! I did steal the logo from the website. I hope it's not a big deal!

To be honest, I did not work on fixing the time issue since I awaited feedback from you before beginning anything.

I'm REALLY glad to hear you're liking the app and the teacher's are finding it useful.

Also is there any way to put a signature block at the bottom?
    You mean to include a blank at the bottom of the email? So that the teachers can print it out and have something to sign on? I'm not too positive about the formatting of a block, but I can definitely make a blank with "Signature", or something similar written on the bottom for the teacher to sign on, after the email has been printed.

Also is there any way to put a checkbox and the information only shows up if it is checked? For example at the top I would like to put a checkbox for PDAS or general feedback and when one is checked the other can't be checked.
    You know, I was actually thinking of something like that. I was considering making each section a hidden drawer (like the email dividers, for different accounts). If the drawer is opened, its information is included, if the drawer is closed, it's information is hidden (from the email).

I will look into this, although I tried real quick to implement that drawer once and it didn't go too well. haha. I can definitely take a look at it again. If not, I definitely know how to include radio buttons (on/off) or a checkbox, as you requested, to make a drawer with all the options inside. This would be very easy for me to implement.

I'll get back to you on when I can start fixing it up, and I'll eventually get around to fixing the typos as well.

I knew there would be a few! Glad you caught them. Hope it wasn't too embarrassing.

I also noticed another typo on your posted example:

Promethean Boart utilized:
    I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be "Board". Anyway, I will look into it more as the weekend approaches.

Glad you like it!
    Last edited by SirataXero; 09/30/2009 at 06:09 PM.
  19.    #59  
    The logo is fine. I will send the disclaimer for the signature when I get home. The hidden drawer would be cool that way they wouldn't have to scroll through information that didn't apply to them.

My assistant principal is getting ready to buy a Pre so that she can use the form as well and we can be consistent with our feedback to the teachers.

Yep that is supposed to be board. Not embarassing, I told my teachers they are helping me improve so that we all can improve, I have a great staff.

Hey thanks again for the app. This is the best, I can go into a room at anytime and leave feedback which is my #1 personal goal to work on this year.
    Awesome! Good to know your assistant principal will be getting a Pre as well. . Hopefully my apps will inspire others to get Pres as well. haha.

Good to know your staff is supportive and good to work with. My mother is a teacher and I hear about admin vs staff problems a lot.

No problem, for the app. I REALLY hope it helps you achieve your goal
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast