Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Hey SirataXero,
    This keeps looking better and better, I was talking with one of the Elementary Directors today and I told them about how I plan on implementing my walkthroughs this year with my Pre. Thanks.
    Awesome!

Anything to make the Pre and a fellow Pre-owner look good!

One question though, in the new Form, since the boxes must be in ordered columns. Do you have a preference of sequence?

As of right now, this is how they go:

Students Were
    Teacher Was
    Envision Math
    Balanced Literacy
    Evidence of Positive Climate
    Science
    IFL/POL/Thinking Maps
    Effective Use of Instructional Time
    Curriculum Frameworks
    Blooms Taxonomy
    Technology
    Additional Comments.

As per your previous request, I will start adding textboxes at the end of each section for notes. Sorry, I forgot to do that. Adding them in now.

Any notes on the order? Want any of them switched around? Just let me know!
  3.    #23  
    Students Were
    Teacher Was
    Evidence of Positive Climate
    Effective Use of Instructional Time
    IFL/POL/Thinking Maps
    Blooms Taxonomy
    Curriculum Frameworks
    Balanced Literacy
    Envision Math
    Science
    Technology
    Additional Comments.
    More questions:

This is kind of extraneous, but as of right now, there are integer pickers for Week, Module, # of Students, # of Students on Task, and % of Students on task.

Each one of these integer pickers go from 0 - 100. I can understand the % of Students one having that range... but what about the rest of them?

If you want to specify a range for each one, let me know. Otherwise, I will leave them all 0 - 100.
  5.    #25  
    Weeks max could be 7
    Modules 15
    # of students 40
    # of students on task 40
    Is there a way to have the percentage field populate with the result of # of students and # of students on task?
    Code:
    ie.. 20 students 15 students on task 75% of studetns on task.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Is there a way to have the percentage field populate with the result of # of students and # of students on task?
    Code:
    ie.. 20 students 15 students on task 75% of studetns on task.
    Done and DONE.

Granted it is possible to falsify these images but the second one should prove to you that it automatically calculates the value. Also, I didn't bother making it round, I think it's fine the way it is. If you really want me to, I CAN but... *shrug*
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alright. The UI portion of the app is complete. Now all I have to do is take all the input, throw it together into an understandable form and get it ready to be emailed out. I'll ask you about that in more detail tomorrow. Its almost 3 AM... >.<.

I have attached a preliminary trial version of the app for your perusal. It can take your information, but it can't do anything with it yet. So try it out, look for spelling errors, or inconsistencies or a checkbox that can't be checked (though I tried every single one). Try it out and see what you think.

I'll finish it up with the ability to gather the information and send it out, tomorrow.

Let me know what you think!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SirataXero; 09/18/2009 at 01:42 AM.
  8.    #28  
    WOW!!! This is great!! Very clear and concise with what I need to look for in a class. I will look more deeply later!! This is the best!! One of my personal areas of growth I committed to work on was written feedback, this will allow me to leave feedback every time I go into the classroom, you have definitely helped me with that. The students will greatly benefit from the feedback I give them now. Thanks once again!!
  9.    #29  
    Hey SirataXero, I was bragging about your app today, showed several principals that had blackberry's and iphones. I noticed that my original form wasn't very clear, so going through your app has made me tweak my original walkthrough form so that I and the teachers better understand what I am providing feedback on. This is truly a unique app.
    As I was looking through the program I noticed:

Can you change the paragraph at the beginning to this?
    This form will not be used by the Literacy Coach or Math Coach for evaluation of teacher performance on the basis of the eight PDAS evaluation criteria; however the campus PDAS evaluators will use this form to record cumulative data for formal PDAS evaluation purposes.
    Under Students were:
    please delete
    Students
    and capitalize engaged in the first row

1> add Completing before worksheets and textbook assignments
    2> please move critical thinking/problem solving under the envison math section

Teacher was: Please move Goals and Objectives under new section titled Student management

modeling Critical thinking/problem solving strategies
    Conducting Small group instruction
    Utilizing Appropriate Assessment
    Utilizing motivational strategies
    Utilizing technology
    Providing Constructive Feedback
    Student Management: (NEW)
     Managing time and materials(moved to effective use of instructional time
     Equitable & varied characteristics
     Equitable teacher student reaction
     Clear expectations for behavior
     Redirects disruptive behavior
     Reinforces desired behavior
     Goals& Objectives/E.U. posted
     Assessment & instruction aligned
     Pacing & Sequencing
    After Pacing & Sequencing you have
    observed and needs to be addressed
    Can you delete that row? Unless it will print in a certain format and it is needed.

please delete the week and module under Curriculum Frameworks(it is already in the top section)

Please use this one for the Revised Bloom's Taxonomy
    Remember
    Understand
    Apply
    Analyze
    Evaluate
    Create
    I am also attaching the word document with the higlights in the section I referred to in this post.

I apolgize for the many changes, but they will make the navigation and teacher understanding better.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/19/2009 at 08:04 AM.
  10.    #30  
    Hey SirataXero, I am making the changes I mentioned above, I will send it to you in a little while.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey SirataXero, I am making the changes I mentioned above, I will send it to you in a little while.
    Hey mamouton! I can definitely implement these changes. Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad you liked it. I'll begin working on this app a bit later in the day today and try to finish it up.

Also, don't worry about asking for changes, I'm REALLY glad you're giving me feedback and cleaning out the app. Which is why I posted it up to ask you and to make sure it works perfectly to your liking.

When you say you're making the above changes, is that to the code or to the word document form?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey mamouton! I can definitely implement these changes. Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad you liked it. I'll begin working on this app a bit later in the day today and try to finish it up.

Also, don't worry about asking for changes, I'm REALLY glad you're giving me feedback and cleaning out the app. Which is why I posted it up to ask you and to make sure it works perfectly to your liking.

When you say you're making the above changes, is that to the code or to the word document form?
    Don't know enough about the code to mess with that yet. I am attaching a word document that has the columns and items in the order I would like them. That might be easier to read than my post.

You have helped me clean up my hardcopy so that it is very clear and concise so thanks for that as well.

The form below shows the order I still would like the two checkboxes on each side.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/20/2009 at 04:45 AM.
  13.    #33  
    Hey SirataXero, I see where you got your Pre. It will be addicting, I wasted many hours tweaking mines. Is there anything I can do with the form app to help out?
    Hey mamouton,

Sorry for being unavailable for so long. As I said earlier, I had been busy starting up classes and doing all sorts of other things... : /

I finally started up on the app again. Looks like its almost ready. There's just a lot of data I need to pull out and format nicely, but once its done, it should be ready to go. Here's some preliminary results:

So, if you want... we can leave that subject line in there, or if you want I can let you enter that in before hitting the submit button. Or you can leave it blank and fill it in after the email is generated. Your choice. Also, if you only have a limited number of teachers that you use this form for (and send to) then you can have a selectable list of emails (you can PM them to me if you like) that you can pick from and then hit the submit button (on the app) and it will automatically generate the email with subject, and to field already filled in. Again, your choice. We can leave these blank if you'd like as well.

Let me know. None of these are crucial, they're just add-ons I was thinking of as I'm programming. I will continue to finish up the app so it emails all the information to a given address. If you get more ideas (or suggestions) please feel free to let me know so that I can implement them while i'm finishing it up...

It's almost ready! haha
    Last edited by SirataXero; 09/25/2009 at 10:53 PM.
  15.    #35  
    Hey SirataXero,
    I understand about starting classes, my advisor wants to meet with me Monday to get the IRB and proposal for my dissertation finished. I know that new Pre has probably been hard to put down.

I have 24 teachers is that too many to have input in advance? Also will there be a way to cc my assistant principal and myself automatically? I can't wait to use this app, I told my teachers about in the staff meeting Monday and reviewed the revised form, thanks to you.

The subject line is fine with just the Walkthrough information. This app is really going to help me with my personal goal of providing more written feedback, thanks again.
    Hey,

I'll look into cc's. Haven't checked that out yet... but as for the teachers. Piece of cake. I'll incorporate that into a drop down menu right on top of the submit button. As of right now, you can probably only send it to one teacher and both admins. I can try to make it send to more teachers if you need it sent to more than one.

I'll send it back in PM's since I don't want to paste the code with the emails in it publicly.
    Sorry to clutter up this thread but I am happy to see you doing this on the Pre. The district I work for has provided every principle iPhones and just implemented a walk through check list on them. Teachers are not pleased but that's another story.
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyidaho View Post
    Sorry to clutter up this thread but I am happy to see you doing this on the Pre. The district I work for has provided every principle iPhones and just implemented a walk through check list on them. Teachers are not pleased but that's another story.
    hahaha that's funny. Good to hear iPhone's causing more pain and suffering in other people's lives, other than just killing kittens and all that... haha.

As for the app, mamouton, I had another idea, I assume each teacher only teaches one subject... if that is true, you could associate the subject field with the teacher's subject. When you pick the teacher, their name, subject, and email will already be prepared. So far only their name and email is prepared. Let me know what you think...

Sorry it's taking so long but it's actually a lot of work >.<. I hope to have it done by tomorrow.

I know i've said that... MULTIPLE times before... but HOPEFULLY... this time I mean it. hahaha
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey,

I'll look into cc's. Haven't checked that out yet... but as for the teachers. Piece of cake. I'll incorporate that into a drop down menu right on top of the submit button. As of right now, you can probably only send it to one teacher and both admins. I can try to make it send to more teachers if you need it sent to more than one.

I'll send it back in PM's since I don't want to paste the code with the emails in it publicly.
    Morning SirataXero,
    No need to have more than one teacher get a copy of it. As far as the subject goes, my Pre Kindergarten - 2nd grade teachers teach all subjects, 3-5 teachers teach one subject. Is there way to make the subject menu a pull down menu? That is a great idea about having the content as the subject.
    I really appreciate this!
    Hey mamouton,

yeah the subject can be a pull down easily, what options would you like to put in it? Just gimme a list of the subjects you would like to include and we can make it a pull down, like the teacher names.

Here's a screenshot of the teacher selector:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast