1.    #1  
    Hey guys im a beginner with JSJSJS $coding$ $and$ $im$ $working$ $on$ $an$ $app$. $Im$ $trying$ $to$ $let$ $the$ $users$ $enter$ $names$ $via$ $a$ $text$ $field$ $obviously$. $i$ $want$ $these$ $names$ $to$ $save$ $in$ $the$ $app$ $so$ $the$ $user$ $can$ $then$ $select$ $the$ $name$ $again$ $once$ $they$ $re$-$open$ $the$ $app$.

im really stumped on this and im pretty sure you cant save them in an array.

Any suggestions?
    Create a "Names" array. Every time the user enter a name, add that name to the "Names" array and store that array into a Cookie. On load of your app, set your "Names" array as the cookie you stored the array in.
    Last edited by Kev1000000; 09/13/2009 at 02:12 AM.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    I'll throw in some tutorials that might help:

My tutorial on textboxes: Part 3: Working with Textboxes

WebOS Boston's tutorial on cookies: Working with Cookies WebOS Boston

Unfortunately, neither talks about arrays, but there are plenty of tutorials out there for Javascript arrays.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Hey krisnicaj,

Let me know if you figured it out. I can go over it with you step by step if you need be.

PM me or post back.

Good Luck!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    I'll throw in some tutorials that might help:

My tutorial on textboxes: Part 3: Working with Textboxes

WebOS Boston's tutorial on cookies: Working with Cookies WebOS Boston

Unfortunately, neither talks about arrays, but there are plenty of tutorials out there for Javascript arrays.
    thanks alot kev and rick, i will play around with my app with the help of these links.

Sirata i will get a hold of you if i cant seem to figure it out, thank you