1.    #1  
    I was wondering if someone is working on porting a version of Putty over to WebOS. I really would like to be able to SSH into some of my Network devices. I have seen other mobile devices with ports.

Thanks in Advance.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    You can just use telnet and ssh from the 'terminal' hombrew app.
  3.    #3  
    I checked in the Homebrew App section and I could not find any "terminal" app. Is there a name or tag i should be looking under?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper806 View Post
    I checked in the Homebrew App section and I could not find any "terminal" app. Is there a name or tag i should be looking under?
    You'll need to install Preware, which you can find by running webOS Quick Install, opening the IPK Repository window and selecting the WebOSInternals IPK feed. Then, inside Preware on the device, you should be able to find the Terminal.
    Check the "webosinternals application terminal" page for detailed instructions. Google that term to find the correct page. Installing with preware may not be possible with their current release, but I think webos quickinstall will install it. I use terminal all the time.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper806 View Post
    I was wondering if someone is working on porting a version of Putty over to WebOS. I really would like to be able to SSH into some of my Network devices. I have seen other mobile devices with ports.

Thanks in Advance.
    Terminal is a great program for the Pre and use this every day for SSH, VPN, etc.

However, it would also be great to have a UI SSH app for bookmarks, assist w/ tunnel settings, fonts, etc. ( I wouldnt mind paying for a real VNC app as well ! )