Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    One of the major inconveniences I have with my Pre is not being able to open a link in a new card. I know that the new update will make this possible, but I don't like to have my keyboard open when I browse the web most of the time. Pressing the orange button isn't my favorite either, sometimes it ends up a z but it is most often very tedious.

I would like to be able to use the gesture area for some functionality. Holding either the left or the right side could open a link in a new card, download or open a file. Would it be possible to tweak webOS or create a preferences app to achieve this?

I just found out that there was a thread on this subject in June but the last post wasn't replied to.
    Is it possible?
    If you're trying to open a card, and not a link on the page, can't you just keep Web on the quick launcher and open a new card with that?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I think he's saying that he would rather open links in a new card by pressing 'gesturearea + link' instead of 'orange + link'

I agree that using the gesture bar would make more sense... Especiallly since ppl ike to surf the web in landscape mode...
    1.2 will fix that, I think u hold orange + the link and a little menu pops up asking if u want to copy or open link in new catd
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    1.2 will fix that, I think u hold orange + the link and a little menu pops up asking if u want to copy or open link in new catd
    but he wants it instead of orange to be gesture for when navigating on landscape

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
  6. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    Does nobody read anymore?
    Currently, I browse the web with the keyboard open, due to the very cool "page up/down" and "go to top/bottom" buttons after installing the browser tweaks. I hope they'll still be available - and with the added "orange + link" ability, browsing will be downright perfect!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Sooo... Would it be possible to open the "right click" menu in the browser by touching one of the gesture areas and pressing a link or picture? Perhaps a QuickInstall patch?