Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    That's an interesting take on things but not necessarily an adopted policy here/yet. Suggesting it is a good idea, but suggesting it in the context of someone annoying you for not following a policy of another forum is counter-productive.

[I'm not a moderator, but I am a long time member and I have a pretty good idea of the personality of this forum.] As a reader, I don't mind threads that get off-topic as much as banter within a thread. Your point about thread organization is probably an idea the moderators should consider.
    Fair enough.

It should be standard thinking though; a lot of the threads here have awesome information, that is why I stick around. It's just some people thinking because they have a high post/thank count that they can post anything and have it be valid that got to me. It would seem people would have the common courtesy to keep a development forum about developing, but I guess that is not possible.

It's not so much him annoying me (although it's gotten to that point now) as it is random threads that are off topic.

I didnt say anything about links, I said There are a number of posts in this thread discussing WebOs modifying. read before you post crap!

If you think XDA-developers is a better forum because I'm not there then go back.

I have been thanked over 50 times for my contributions to this forum, If you dont like my posts or my threads DONT F&%$ING READ THEM!

I see youve contributed so much to making this forum better w/ your thanks count!

And as far as speculation This is a brand new Os there is going to be Speculation for a while. If you dont want to read speculation (opinion) Then Dont come back to my thread.
    It's not YOUR thread. This is an open forum, you own this thread no more than I do. It's the admin's thread. At best, you could say since the app threads have general implied 'ownership' you do, but this is neither an information finding post (such as the wardriving) nor an app thread (as the CPU scaler thread). If I wish to post and question you or the thread topic, I will. Calm down and realize you have no authority here. I also don't dislike this thread or this forum because of you, but the topic matter and placement. Not everything is focused on you princess.

Just because I have a low post count does not mean my point is any less valid; nor does it make your point more valid because you have been 'thanked'. I've been on tons of forums with a rep system, and in the end it's the content of the posts, not the thanks or rep, that determine a person's merit. As such, you're not helping your case by telling me to 'GTFA' or 'stop posting crap'.

Now, to reiterate my point. This is a DEVELOPMENT subforum. There are plenty of other subs you can post in and your topic will be read, but the average quality of the threads falls when you have so many good threads, and yet random crapola like this in between.

Go outside, smoke a cig, have a beer (whichever you please) and calm down.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    Fair enough.

It should be standard thinking though; a lot of the threads here have awesome information, that is why I stick around. It's just some people thinking because they have a high post/thank count that they can post anything and have it be valid that got to me. It would seem people would have the common courtesy to keep a development forum about developing, but I guess that is not possible.

It's not so much him annoying me (although it's gotten to that point now) as it is random threads that are off topic.

It's not YOUR thread. This is an open forum, you own this thread no more than I do. It's the admin's thread. At best, you could say since the app threads have general implied 'ownership' you do, but this is neither an information finding post (such as the wardriving) nor an app thread (as the CPU scaler thread). If I wish to post and question you or the thread topic, I will. Calm down and realize you have no authority here. I also don't dislike this thread or this forum because of you, but the topic matter and placement. Not everything is focused on you princess.

Just because I have a low post count does not mean my point is any less valid; nor does it make your point more valid because you have been 'thanked'. I've been on tons of forums with a rep system, and in the end it's the content of the posts, not the thanks or rep, that determine a person's merit. As such, you're not helping your case by telling me to 'GTFA' or 'stop posting crap'.

Now, to reiterate my point. This is a DEVELOPMENT subforum. There are plenty of other subs you can post in and your topic will be read, but the average quality of the threads falls when you have so many good threads, and yet random crapola like this in between.

Go outside, smoke a cig, have a beer (whichever you please) and calm down.
    Don't tell me to calm down!! Just because you don't like my title choice, You come in here and start crap. This is about WebOs 1.2 so its in the correct place. I will continue to post here and I will continue to stand my ground as far as defending myself from trolls like you.

This thread was going well until you decided YOU (forum god) didn't like the title. so I will say it again and again until either the mods lock this thread or you finally go away. GTFA
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Don't tell me to calm down!! Just because you don't like my title choice, You come in here and start crap. This is about WebOs 1.2 so its in the correct place. I will continue to post here and I will continue to stand my ground as far as defending myself from trolls like you.

This thread was going well until you decided YOU (forum god) didn't like the title. so I will say it again and again until either the mods lock this thread or you finally go away. GTFA
    Lmao! This is entertaining at least We're getting as much done as would be done speculating.

This is not a webos 1.2 subforum, it's a development forum. For people developing things for WebOS. Themes, apps, tweaks. Yours falls into none of these.

Now again, calm down. Deep breaths, or as the kids these days say, chillax.
    This thread is placed incorrectly, titled incorrectly, and posted by a stubborn person.
    Get over yourself 2sslow, admit you're wrong.

Don't call us trolls either, it degrades your intelligence.
    Technically this thread is in the wrong section, a better section would be the "general webos chat" section.
    I also agree, wrong place. The only thing this post has to do with development are a few posts that link to another post. There is nothing about development in here.

Could this please be moved by the a Moderator so that this arguing will stop.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123