Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. #21  
    lol, Don't post a thread saying the real reason, then just give your opinion on things..
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    lol, Don't post a thread saying the real reason, then just give your opinion on things..
    lol, Dont post in here if your not going to contribute to the conversation. thanks Though.
  3. #23  
    **** itunes syncing thats the problem with palm. we can hold over own leave itunes alone damit
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    lol, Don't post a thread saying the real reason, then just give your opinion on things..
    +1

    No one knows for sure, and having another thread discussing the same topics that are in 10 other threads is useless.

    It was leaked. We don't know if that catalog was the same one that will go in the 1.2 update or it was there so devs could work on the store in the updated framework. It doesn't work because it can't connect, meaning they need to fix the app or are working on a new way for the store to be accessed different from the current version and thats why it won't work.

    Nothing that was in the update for sure will be in the real 1.2, so anything and everything said is conjecture. It's useless; it doesn't change what we have right now, isn't productive, and jams up the forums with useless threads that have nothing more than ideas and reasoning based on non-facts.

    On a side note, there are android netbooks out there.


    If you dig well enough you can find an ISO of a live cd that runs android on just about anything linux can run on. Pretty interesting stuff, especially with chrome OS in development too.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    lol, Dont post in here if your not going to contribute to the conversation. thanks Though.
    That only works on trolls..
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    That only works on trolls..
    No It goes for everybody! if your not contributing then you are wasting our time.


    LOL, if the shoe fits
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike brody View Post
    **** itunes syncing thats the problem with palm. we can hold over own leave itunes alone damit
    HUH?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    No It goes for everybody! if your not contributing then you are wasting our time.


    LOL, if the shoe fits
    OUR time? Did you really thing that your thread was contributing so much to this forum? As it's in the WebOS development forum, do you really feel that this particular thread is in any way contributing to modifying WebOS?
  9. #29  
    EDIT: removed the part of the quote I don't necessarily agree with
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    ... maybe Palm found a major fault in the update and pulled it 5mins before i was planned to be released. Honestly we don't know and may not know so why speculate and why not just wait in anticipation
    I was thinking along these same lines. I mapped out what I think Palm needs to do (and when) over in this post in another thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...27#post1888886

    Basically I said that they need to get WebOS 1.2 out before Thanksgiving, that a WebOS 1.3 in late Q1/early Q2 would be good (where 1.3 includes some new apps as well as more documented APIs), and they need to have much of the internal work for a WebOS 2.0 done by end of Q2/2010.

    [Comments on my thoughts are welcome in either that thread or here.]
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    OUR time? Did you really thing that your thread was contributing so much to this forum? As it's in the WebOS development forum, do you really feel that this particular thread is in any way contributing to modifying WebOS?
    There are a number of posts in this thread about WebOs modifying So yes! GTFA
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    EDIT: removed the part of the quote I don't necessarily agree with


    I was thinking along these same lines. I mapped out what I think Palm needs to do (and when) over in this post in another thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...27#post1888886

    Basically I said that they need to get WebOS 1.2 out before Thanksgiving, that a WebOS 1.3 in late Q1/early Q2 would be good (where 1.3 includes some new apps as well as more documented APIs), and they need to have much of the internal work for a WebOS 2.0 done by end of Q2/2010.

    [Comments on my thoughts are welcome in either that thread or here.]
    Sounds good! except I think 1.3 will be here by the end of Q4 because of the supposed flash 10 release in October by Adobe.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    There are a number of posts in this thread about WebOs modifying So yes! GTFA
    Look at your threads company. We have:

    Onscreen keyboard
    Roam switch
    CPU Scaling
    Theme Manager
    Boot Screens
    Running the LED when a text arrives

    And then we have your thread, full of speculation about an update and that is about it. The only links about modifying webos were links to threads in this forum.

    I don't know if you know of the forum called XDA-developers. I was on that forum for a LONG time watching it grow as I've had a Winmo phone for 6 years or so, and the general concensus in the hacking/dev forum is that unless there is something like an app, a tutorial, a beta, new rom builds ect, you don't make a new thread. It doesn't add anything to the community to have speculation threads, like all the WM6.1 threads there that got nuked because people were doing what you are doing, speculating, and nothing else. I only wish that this forum grows to be the WebOS equivalent of XDA devs or PPC geeks, but it won't with these kinds of threads filling a sub-forum meant for people doing work.

    EDIT: On another note, I found 7 other threads discussing 1.2, and the reasoning behind the delay.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    Look at your threads company. We have:

    Onscreen keyboard
    Roam switch
    CPU Scaling
    Theme Manager
    Boot Screens
    Running the LED when a text arrives

    And then we have your thread, full of speculation about an update and that is about it. The only links about modifying webos were links to threads in this forum.

    I don't know if you know of the forum called XDA-developers. I was on that forum for a LONG time watching it grow as I've had a Winmo phone for 6 years or so, and the general concensus in the hacking/dev forum is that unless there is something like an app, a tutorial, a beta, new rom builds ect, you don't make a new thread. It doesn't add anything to the community to have speculation threads, like all the WM6.1 threads there that got nuked because people were doing what you are doing, speculating, and nothing else. I only wish that this forum grows to be the WebOS equivalent of XDA devs or PPC geeks, but it won't with these kinds of threads filling a sub-forum meant for people doing work.

    I didnt say anything about links, I said There are a number of posts in this thread discussing WebOs modifying. read before you post crap!

    If you think XDA-developers is a better forum because I'm not there then go back.

    I have been thanked over 50 times for my contributions to this forum, If you dont like my posts or my threads DONT F&%$ING READ THEM!


    I see youve contributed so much to making this forum better w/ your thanks count!


    And as far as speculation This is a brand new Os there is going to be Speculation for a while. If you dont want to read speculation (opinion) Then Dont come back to my thread.

    EDIT: Good for you at least some of our members know how to use the search feature.
    Last edited by 2sslow; 09/12/2009 at 12:54 PM.
  14. #34  
    So if I made a post saying the who life really started, then just gave some speculation, it'd be okay?

    EDIT: and the "haven't been thanked a lot" argument won't work on me, don't bring it here.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    So if I made a post saying the who life really started, then just gave some speculation, it'd be okay?

    EDIT: and the "haven't been thanked a lot" argument won't work on me, don't bring it here.
    First off I think you meant to say HOW not Who but I could be wrong.

    And if we were on the How life began forum I would say yes that thread would be fine.
    As tins is the WebOs forum I think speculation on 1.2 in WebOs is an acceptable topic.

    And nobody said anything about your contributions to the forum. And watch the tone w/ me Internet cowboy. I feel pretty confident that if you saw me in person that tone would go away.

    When did you become a moderator? congrats!!!!! when you officially do become one let me know first so I can stop posting on here.
  16. #36  
    I just think the topic title is completely mis leading.
    It made me think you'd have actual information.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    I just think the topic title is completely mis leading.
    It made me think you'd have actual information.
    Thats your Opinion, and I dont care any more about your opinion than you do of mine.

    For the last time, I posted an opinion that up until now I had not seen any other speculation about other than the ITunes thing which if that is the real reason for the delay is a total waste of resources on behalf of palm. If you felt That I misled you Grow up!

    I wasted 3 mins of your time. You have waseted way more of my time w/ this drivel than I did your time so how about we call it square and you never reply to my posts again, Since you obviously dont want to hear what I have to say.


    DEAL?
  18. edbtzy's Avatar
    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    #38  
    dam 2sslow, i've seen you have some crazy "forum battles" with various members haha

    Don't let me get in-between, keep going, keeps me entertained
  19. #39  
    That'll happen the day you stop making post with inaccurate titles.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    ... I don't know if you know of the forum called XDA-developers. I was on that forum for a LONG time watching it grow as I've had a Winmo phone for 6 years or so, and the general concensus in the hacking/dev forum is that unless there is something like an app, a tutorial, a beta, new rom builds ect, you don't make a new thread. ...
    That's an interesting take on things but not necessarily an adopted policy here/yet. Suggesting it is a good idea, but suggesting it in the context of someone annoying you for not following a policy of another forum is counter-productive.

    [I'm not a moderator, but I am a long time member and I have a pretty good idea of the personality of this forum.] As a reader, I don't mind threads that get off-topic as much as banter within a thread. Your point about thread organization is probably an idea the moderators should consider.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions