1.    #1  
    Has this been put on the back burner? or has someone discovered that there is no hardware to do such thing inside the pre? I will be buying a pico projector soon (microvision...look them up! made lots of money of them so far) and i would love to be able to hook it up to the pre. Especially for nfl mobile live games on thursday nights when i'm at work
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    I don't think it was ever a promised feature, and I sure don't see any way for the device to do it.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    I don't think it was ever a promised feature, and I sure don't see any way for the device to do it.
    Is it possible that a videoout could be adpated from the current usb connector? Just wondering...
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    No -- there is no way to get the video to USB. Do a search for more details -- it was discussed here before.
  5.    #5  
    well how'd they do it in that video? i dont have a link right now but theres a video where palm is demonstrating the pre
    and it has a cable plugged in to the audio out and goes to a laptop and they showed what he was doing on the phone on the laptop....
    The cable appears to be wired through the inside of the phone in those videos, probably just directly soldered onto the connectors on that demonstration Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by counterbond View Post
    well how'd they do it in that video? i dont have a link right now but theres a video where palm is demonstrating the pre
    and it has a cable plugged in to the audio out and goes to a laptop and they showed what he was doing on the phone on the laptop....
    That is a show model of the pre. They only make a few, and it's used for presentations to show off the webos. The iphone has the same deal when they do presentations, and it's in no way a production model.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Correct, they use modified demo-mule Pres in the videos, not production models. Same goes for the iPhones used in demos.

That said, production iPhones do have basic video out through the dock connector, but only the iPod app (for movies) and Photos app (for slideshows) use it right now. It's not part of the SDK for third party apps.

For presentations on the iPhone, I save a PowerPoint file to a series of images, put those in my photo album, then use the Photos app to run a slideshow out to a projector. It works really well.