1.    #1  
    Who here has submitted an app to Palm AND heard back?

I submitted my little, non-life changing but fun, app and haven't heard from Palm yet.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    im sure a couple of people have, considering some homebrew apps made it in to the App Catolog already, and some were denied.
    I am currently in talks with Palm to get my app in the App Catalog.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Any insight to what these apps might be about? If not thats ok, but at least you could give us as much insight ot these apps as possible within your rights etc etc etc to give us something to look forward to or not.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    I am currently in talks with Palm to get my app in the App Catalog.
    Is the truth or a fib? I don't see any Homebrew apps created by you.
    Quote Originally Posted by geiger View Post
    Did you consider that maybe he chose not to release his apps in the Homebrew section?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Did you consider that maybe he chose not to release his apps in the Homebrew section?
    Absolutely. That's why I asked. I'm wondering what kind of business/outlet you have if you can be in talks with Palm. Having a great Homebrew app is one way to get noticed. Being a reputable software developer is another.

I look forward to hearing details.
    i wonder how many people have created apps and not released to homebrew. i'd imagine quite a few.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Many people are not submitting their apps to homebrew and just submitting straight to the App Catalog.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    There's a lot going on with the App Catalog right now -- and lots of people submitting Apps to go into it. We're doing the best we can, but there's some backlog right now, so we're not getting back to people as fast as we'd like. We're working on it. I know "please be patient" isn't a good answer, so I'm sorry I have to use it...

The good news is -- webOS is really popular with developers. the bad news is -- that makes it a bit tough for us to get all of those developers taken care of, but that's what we call a "good problem". We just hired a great addition to the team that's helping us on this, and we're close to hiring some other people to help us scale, so we're making progress. Still work to do (and I'm supposed to be doing it, not checking the boards, so don't tell anyone, okay? thanks)

chuq von rospach
    Palm developer community manager
    Thanks for answering, Chuq. We are looking forward to great things from the Pre - just PLEASE GET ME A SEARCH FOR CALENDAR!!! (and Voice Dial, and a mileage program for business expenses!)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by chuq View Post
    There's a lot going on with the App Catalog right now ...
    chuq von rospach
    Palm developer community manager
    Thanks Chuq!
    An official (or non-official) response from Palm saying "You guys are way too good and we're playing catchup" is a sufficient answer.

I heart Palm's responsiveness lately. Has Palm always been like this or was this lacking in the "Treo Days"?
    I submitted my Habla! app and spoke with my "handler" at Palm yesterday.

There's a couple of things I need to tweak before I submit it to be tested by Palm.
    Ola! (LIFE IN HAWAIIN) summited to the palm store.

Ola is a personal database with multiple templates to choose from. With OLA you ca organize any type of information you have.
    This is truth. I decided not to submit my app to the Homebrew section, and sent it straight to Palm. They're reviewing it as we speak.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    ****WAY OFF TOPIC****

Is there a precedent for a "developer community manager" coming on boards and setting the record straight for any platform???

I was very impressed...maybe to easily, but man it sure seems like Palm has its fingers on the communities heart beat....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    This is truth. I decided not to submit my app to the Homebrew section, and sent it straight to Palm. They're reviewing it as we speak.
    So what is the reason for not adding one to the Homebrew apps? Wouldn't it drum up more demand if people could see it first?

Thanks for the response!
    So what is the reason for not adding one to the Homebrew apps? Wouldn't it drum up more demand if people could see it first?

Thanks for the response!
    Some people choose to keep things private. I have several unannounced apps.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive