Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    No need to worry about this mod anymore leaked 1.2 official app catalog seems to be working now.
    ----------------------
    so with the wave of new apps us 1.2 users cant take advantage of them sadly since the leaked 1.2 app catalog does not work.

    But we all know the 1.1 app catalog does work... so extract your 1.1 web os doctor .jar using winrar and then resources folder... and in there extract the webos.tar file and in there extract the nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz

    win rar will extract all those file types

    inside the \nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs\usr\palm\applications directory you will find the app dir.... com.palm.app.findapps

    rename it to com.palm.app.findapps2
    inside of it use your favorit editor to change the app id under appinfo.json and the title

    so the code should read as
    Code:
    {
    	"title": "App Catalog2",
    	"type": "web",
    	"main": "index.html",
    	"id": "com.palm.app.findapps2",
    	"icon": "icon.png",
    	"version": "1.0 Beta",
    	"vendor": "Palm, Inc.",
    	"noWindow": true
    }
    now save it....

    when all done either package up as an ipk and install to your pre or just use winscp sftp and drag and drop it into your palm applications dir. its late. 4am i might clean up instructions friday night going to bed now.
    Last edited by jack87; 09/17/2009 at 12:05 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    so with the wave of new apps us 1.2 users cant take advantage of them sadly since the leaked 1.2 app catalog does not work.

    But we all know the 1.1 app catalog does work... so extract your 1.1 web os doctor .jar using winrar and then resources folder... and in there extract the webos.tar file and in there extract the nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz

    win rar will extract all those file types

    inside the \nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs\usr\palm\applications directory you will find the app dir.... com.palm.app.findapps

    rename it to com.palm.app.findapps2
    inside of it use your favorit editor to change the app id under appinfo.json and the title

    so the code should read as
    Code:
    {
    	"title": "App Catalog2",
    	"type": "web",
    	"main": "index.html",
    	"id": "com.palm.app.findapps2",
    	"icon": "icon.png",
    	"version": "1.0 Beta",
    	"vendor": "Palm, Inc.",
    	"noWindow": true
    }
    now save it....

    when all done either package up as an ipk and install to your pre or just use winscp sftp and drag and drop it into your palm applications dir. its late. 4am i might clean up instructions friday night going to bed now.
    great work here dude !!! lol
    glad to hear u got it working and running

    Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
  3. ird
    ird is offline
    ird's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #3  
    I was thinking that this would work. I just never got around to trying out 1.2 to see if it did.
  4. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #4  
    I to was looking at this. I was wondering if I take the whole 1.1 folder and put it in, if that would work. Anybody try this yet?
  5. #5  
    Have you verified this works? I tried it, following your steps, it shows in my launcher, but it won't launch... The App Catalog 2 icon lights up for a couple seconds, and then nothing.
  6. #6  
    yes it does work

    Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
  7.    #7  
    yes it works perrfectly however I have it in my usr/palm/applications folder... I have not tested in the var2 dir... Works flawlessly... Thatcs exactlyy what I'm doing is putting the whole findapp dir from 1.1 dr into my 1.2 file system. I personally used winscp and d rag and dropped I have not tried the ipk method.
    MatterOfFactJack
  8. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    yes it works perrfectly however I have it in my usr/palm/applications folder... I have not tested in the var2 dir... Works flawlessly... Thatcs exactlyy what I'm doing is putting the whole findapp dir from 1.1 dr into my 1.2 file system. I personally used winscp and d rag and dropped I have not tried the ipk method.
    ya, I also use winscp. So why are you having to change the name? Doesn't just putting the folder in work, or am I misunderstanding?
    Last edited by awrnsmn; 09/11/2009 at 06:58 PM.
  9.    #9  
    I change the name and app ID so it doesn't conflict with the 1.2 app catalog already there.. If you want to compleatly replace the nome working one than you don't have to change the name or app id
    MatterOfFactJack
  10. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #10  
    Perfect thank you jack87. I hope they release it soon so we can quit having to tweek 1.2 to get things to work. I guess it will come when it comes.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Perfect thank you jack87. I hope they release it soon so we can quit having to tweek 1.2 to get things to work. I guess it will come when it comes.
    sadly i dont think it will be anytime soon
    MatterOfFactJack
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    yes it works perrfectly however I have it in my usr/palm/applications folder... I have not tested in the var2 dir... Works flawlessly... Thatcs exactlyy what I'm doing is putting the whole findapp dir from 1.1 dr into my 1.2 file system. I personally used winscp and d rag and dropped I have not tried the ipk method.
    I copied it to /media/internal/ and then copied it manually and recursively to /usr/palm/applications, did all the other steps you mentioned as well... guess I'll have to try a different method...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I copied it to /media/internal/ and then copied it manually and recursively to /usr/palm/applications, did all the other steps you mentioned as well... guess I'll have to try a different method...
    maybe you can try removing the current app catalog... place it in internal dir.. and delete it from usr/palm/applications and than move the 1.1 into it to replace it
    MatterOfFactJack
  14. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #14  
    jack87..thanks, it worked great. It is nice to have the app cat. back again. I replaced it with 1.1 and saved the 1.2 file on my computer for easy access when it comes out. It sure beats going back to full 1.1. That's what we call having your cake and eat it to!!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    jack87..thanks, it worked great. It is nice to have the app cat. back again. I replaced it with 1.1 and saved the 1.2 file on my computer for easy access when it comes out. It sure beats going back to full 1.1. That's what we call having your cake and eat it to!!
    sweet! I am glad it worked enjoy that cake
    MatterOfFactJack
  16. Libb's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #16  
    I dragged and dropped via WinSCP, and the app launches, showing the 1.1 fake-load screen, but then returns the same "App Catalog unavailable" message as the 1.2 catalog.
  17. seekis's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #17  
    there is no need to push the old catalog onto 1.2. I accidentally hit the app catalog icon today and IT WORKED! The UI is slightly changed and it seems to be more responsive than the old app catalog, but then again that could also be due to the fact that 1.2 is a lot faster as a whole. i have downloaded 4 apps through the new catalog and they all work.
  18. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by seekis View Post
    there is no need to push the old catalog onto 1.2. I accidentally hit the app catalog icon today and IT WORKED! The UI is slightly changed and it seems to be more responsive than the old app catalog, but then again that could also be due to the fact that 1.2 is a lot faster as a whole. i have downloaded 4 apps through the new catalog and they all work.
    When did it start working. You would be the first with 1.2 to get it to work that I know of. Maybe they are releasing 1.2 now soon if it's working now.
  19.    #19  
    1.2 catalog is working!! So there is no need to put the old catalog in 1.2 anymore.
    MatterOfFactJack
  20. #20  
    Confirmed, works for me in 1.2 as well
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions