1.    #1  
    how about a roam switch,similar to the vibrate switch.Alot of us have bad reception,and its a pain in the,to go through all the steps to flip to and from roam only.i dont like to leave it on roam only,as i lose my mobile to mobile minutes that way.
    reallly?
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    how about a roam switch,similar to the vibrate switch.Alot of us have bad reception,and its a pain in the,to go through all the steps to flip to and from roam only.i dont like to leave it on roam only,as i lose my mobile to mobile minutes that way.
    Are you talking about a hardware switch? I guess anything is possible...

But it takes less than 5 seconds to switch to 'Roam Only' in the Phone app preferences... You could even leave the Phone preferences card open for easier switching back and forth.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  4.    #4  
    no i mean like the "Vibrate When Silent (Toggle)",just a soft switch to enable 'roam only' then disable back to auto or sprint only.
    LOL
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    LOL
    you can LOL,but the fact is the pre has a terrible radio within it.i live on the outside of houston,my wife has a lotus that always works here,my treo's,centro's,mogul,samsung 610,nextels,all worked here where i live.my modern day palm pre,doesnt without roam only on.
    Where in Houston are you? Mine works good in Cypress and Sugar Land. I did have problems today going through The Woodlands though.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Experts say WebOS 1.3 will reveal a hidden "roam only" button that is located below the volume keys. You can also access it immediately by rooting.

Good luck.
    Yeah, this would be the most valuable app for me. I'd love to have a button on the launcher that just toggled between roam only and automatic.

I might even make it myself if I have the time...
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I agree. This would be nice to have. Just click an icon to toggle it on/off instead of taking the steps to go through the phone app.
    I'd like this too.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Where in Houston are you? Mine works good in Cypress and Sugar Land. I did have problems today going through The Woodlands though.
    i'm in alvin.and reception kills me here on this phone.
    i am rooted and have access to it.just a pain in the a$$ all the time.
  13.    #13  
    Thank you for the switch.