Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I hope I am not the only one, but soooo many great apps have been developed so quickly (can you believe the Pre has only been out for three months??? Over 200 homebrew apps and a million downloads in three months?)

Anyhoo...I am confused about the subtle amd maybe not-so-subtle differences btw installers...and unique features of each. I know the computer based quickinstall allows tweaks, some all you to get around the app limit and preload has ringtones/wallpapers and a message board.

Beyond that, I am lost! If the are specific or unique features/benefis to each, I have absolutely NO problem keeping all the installers on my Pre and quickinstall on my laptop!

I want to be able to install the programs, bypass the app limit and be alerted to updates. If keeping additional programs add perks,like ringtones, I will keeo more than one installer!

Thanks to all the development teams! you guys ROCK!
    Different communities = different apps.

I wish to see all the communities come together and form a coalition, but that will probably have to wait. Each has a unique role and trick up their sleeve.

Preload = download wallpapers/ringtones, message board
    Preware = Packages/Update Apps/Patches
    FileCoaster = File download, update apps.
    Quick Install = Tweaks, install apps without root, send/request files from Pre.

I'm anxiously awaiting the PreCentral app which could combine the features of Preware and the articles/news/forums of PreCentral.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Preware supports installation of more advanced homebrew apps such as MyTether, and Terminal.

It also alerts you on the main page of application updates.

It has the nicest UI in my opinion, and is very easy to use.
    It has a great variation of ways to sort apps to get the best experience for each user.

It also supports installation of patches, and gives a nice description along with multiple screen shots for each app.

It, preload, and quick install all read from each feed, so you get all the apps available.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    Preware supports installation of more advanced homebrew apps such as MyTether, and Terminal.

It also alerts you on the main page of application updates.

It has the nicest UI in my opinion, and is very easy to use.
    It has a great variation of ways to sort apps to get the best experience for each user.

It also supports installation of patches, and gives a nice description along with multiple screen shots for each app.

It, preload, and quick install all read from each feed, so you get all the apps available.
    Preload supports the rooted app installations as well, which gets you around the limit, plus the standard way of installing for those who avoid rooting - you have a choice.

It also shows you what apps need updating by clicking on My Applications from the main menu, and again you have a choice on how to install.

The UI is still a work in progress and our developer promises to be back to us soon.

You also have access to ringtones, sounds, wallpapers and a file sharing section. You can change the folders you want files to download to, and the sort order of your lists, in the Settings.

Then there's the messageboard where you can get questions answered or just chat.

It's not pretty, but it's functional. Pretty is coming soon.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds