Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I was wondering if it is possible to connect the pre via usb to the computer and use it as a webcam for yahoo, msn and aim etc.

Also, is it possible to run a messenger service on the Pre and be able to to do Video and audio chat right on the pre itself. I guess the downfall with that is that you cannot see the other person on webcam since you have to point the palm pre's camera towards you.
    I'm not familiar enough with the usb capabilities to comment on the direct connection thing.

But promise has been shown using net2stream (which is already working on the shoutcast app) along with an icecast server and a compatible gst plugin. Trust that it's all being worked on, but I expect streaming over the air video to be possible, if nothing else.
    I know this is technically possible. But will we see it? I have no idea.

I know on my Windows Mobile phone I used to use an app called Qik. Which allows you to broadcast a live video/audio stream from your phone, it worked fairly well. I would love to see this app for the Pre but I don't know if we will, I think if it gets popular enough we can.

There is also Stickam Mobile But it is available for only a select few phones currently. But seeing as the Pre seems to be slowly rising as the social networking phone of choice I think we may see this app eventually. At least I hope so.
    Has anyone been able to use their pre as a webcam?
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    The real question is, why bother?

I'm not trying to be smart here, but let's face it, if you can afford a Pre, you can afford a webcam.

A real webcam will just work better. It's like using vice grips to remove a bolt. Yeah, it usually works, but a wrench would have worked a lot better.
    Stickam and Qik are both working on a webos version.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post

I'm not trying to be smart here, but let's face it, if you can afford a Pre, you can afford a webcam.

A real webcam will just work better. It's like using vice grips to remove a bolt. Yeah, it usually works, but a wrench would have worked a lot better.
    I figured I could use it...but you are right I guess.
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post

i wouldn't be so dismissive. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would never think about using a webcam until they gained the ability on their phone. an app like this might be the reason someone buys a real webcam down the road...

besides, it could also be useful if your ever traveling or using someone elses computer who doesn't have a webcam...
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Stickam and Qik are both working on a webos version.
    Links, or it didn't happen!

seriously, would love see official announcements on this.