1.    #1  
    Aside from just scrolling everything or vertically centering content, how do we develop for the Pre AND the Pixi?
    its all html/java... should be able to resize to most screens fine. i think haha
    MatterOfFactJack
    your right... should resize fine... take notice to notification pop ups and screen shrinkage.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    I wrote a big topic on it, you should read it
    That's where using a browser as the layout engine really helps. I bet Palm didn't have change anything in their own apps to make them fit.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    That's where using a browser as the layout engine really helps. I bet Palm didn't have change anything in their own apps to make them fit.
    Maybe, if anything a tweak or two to the system-wide CSS file, but yeah, the setup of the Pre is perfect for multiple resolution devices like this.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Sigh. They're heading down the road of Android, with hardware variations that will make it tough on developers. It's not an issue for basic apps, but it is likely going to be an issue for graphics-rich apps and games, where screen size and aspect ratio are kind of important. I think that's what Colonel Kernel was getting at.
    Speaking of similar issues, what about encompassing scrollers where things are defined exactly or it doesn't work? This has prevented me from writing a mappish sort of app due to notification variations and whatnot. Lack of good documentation or applicable examples made me just give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    your right... should resize fine... take notice to notification pop ups and screen shrinkage.
    lol....shrinkage.
    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    Sigh. They're heading down the road of Android, with hardware variations that will make it tough on developers. It's not an issue for basic apps, but it is likely going to be an issue for graphics-rich apps and games, where screen size and aspect ratio are kind of important. I think that's what Colonel Kernel was getting at.
    That is true there will be alot more changing when it comes to a graphics-rich app when you have designed it for just one resolution.
    Thats why its going to be important to set up your app to dynamically set itself up based on screen size like kesne has explained in his post.
    This is more or less the developers end of things.. it kinda sucks if you have developed a full on app to fit just one screen, but there as has been info out there since the beginning that webOS was going to have more than just the pre and the likely hood that the screen size was going to be the same was slim.. As a developer for mobile or the web screen size is something you have to consider all the way from planning
    Check out GetMeVino!