1.    #1  
    Well...I installed the virtual keyboard from preware a week or two ago, and since then I had problems with preware opening, so I simply used filecoaster for my other app needs. Tonight, I saw the news of webos 1.2.0 coming out, so I wanted to uninstall the virtual keyboard in preparation.

After getting preware back up and running, the available patches button is greyed out (as if there are 0 patches in preware) and therefore I cannot uninstall the virtual keyboard.

I have rooted my phone and am not a novice at this stuff, but how do i safely remove the virtual keyboard? I'm puzzled haha..
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Well...I installed the virtual keyboard from preware a week or two ago, and since then I had problems with preware opening, so I simply used filecoaster for my other app needs. Tonight, I saw the news of webos 1.2.0 coming out, so I wanted to uninstall the virtual keyboard in preparation.

After getting preware back up and running, the available patches button is greyed out (as if there are 0 patches in preware) and therefore I cannot uninstall the virtual keyboard.

I have rooted my phone and am not a novice at this stuff, but how do i safely remove the virtual keyboard? I'm puzzled haha..

"Installed Packages"
  3.    #3  
    oh wow i feel dumb. Big thanks emoney.
    Use "WebOS QuickInstall" that'll get it done for ya.

You can find it here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    Use "WebOS QuickInstall" that'll get it done for ya.

You can find it here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html
    If the op installed it w/ preware then it needs to be removed the same way!
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    oh wow i feel dumb. Big thanks emoney.
    do i have to uninstalll the Preware and the Package Manager Service?
    I installed the keyboard with preware, but wasn't thinking and removed with quickinstall. Now it doesn't show up as installed in either program but it still works and I can't get rid of it. Any ideas?
    Heres an idea for a new app, it checks for what homebrew stuff you have installed before a patch and you click "Be Patch Ready" and POOF everything is ready to go. Now that would be AWESOME! I['m also curios about "Package Manager Service" do we have to uninstall that also?
    I used quilt pop -a to remove my patches, then forgot to remove virtual keyboard installed via PreWare first tho. Now PreWare doesn't allow me to check installed patches. QuickInstall doesn't show any apps installed now. and the Virtual keyboard still works. Any solutions?
    I'm having problems with Preware (v0.7.7) this morning too. Either it spins for ever when launched -- waited over 15 min before I gave up -- or it loads with an error and has no Installed Patches" option. The only option available and activated is the "List of Everything" item, but when selected it produces an empty list that closes immediately.

I would like to remove the keyboard patch before 1.2.0 is released. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre - Fred View Post
    I'm having problems with Preware (v0.7.7) this morning too. Either it spins for ever when launched -- waited over 15 min before I gave up -- or it loads with an error and has no Installed Patches" option. The only option available and activated is the "List of Everything" item, but when selected it produces an empty list that closes immediately.

I would like to remove the keyboard patch before 1.2.0 is released. Any suggestions?
    Use latest WebOS Quick Install to remove/reinstall preware and package manager service. I think preware is up to v0.8.5 currently.
    how do i go about doing these patches? i would liek to do the message forwarding and some of the other ones...but don't understand where to find all this coding and where to put all the new coding..?? Help me Please!!!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I too am having issues getting the virtual keyboard off of my phone. Tried unsuccessfully to remove the Package Service Manger using Preware and it gave me an error. So i used the new WebOSQuickInstall to first 'Remove all tweaks/mods', then went to Device Management and uninstalled Package Service Manager through there.

The result...the virtual keyboard still works and now when i go to Device Management it shows NO user installed applications and I have quite a few...

Am i going to have to WebDoctor this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhand View Post
    I too am having issues getting the virtual keyboard off of my phone. Tried unsuccessfully to remove the Package Service Manger using Preware and it gave me an error. So i used the new WebOSQuickInstall to first 'Remove all tweaks/mods', then went to Device Management and uninstalled Package Service Manager through there.

The result...the virtual keyboard still works and now when i go to Device Management it shows NO user installed applications and I have quite a few...

Am i going to have to WebDoctor this thing?
    Package manager service has NOTHING to do with keyboard package